Ex Lover

Charlie

I woke up to Jax scribbling away in his little journal. It had been awhile since I saw him doing that. I raised an eyebrow at him but he didn't notice and I didn't question him about it. I leaned up and gave him a kiss. Jax immediately closed the journal and kissed me back. Odd... I thought to myself as I slid out of bed and grabbed some sweatpants to put on over my underwear.

"What time do you..." he trailed off.

"Noon. But I want to get there an hour early to set up since I haven't been there in almost two weeks." I told him.

"I'll let Chibs know." He said. I didn't give him a sigh or any attitude. Today was a test and I knew it.

"Morning." Jax said to me kissing the back of my head.

"I have to head to the clubhouse this morning, but I'm gonna take the boys with me." He told me. I turned around in my spot to look up at him.

"Really? It's so early." I said.

"And the boys too?" I questioned. He gave me a shrug and walked over to the table and sat down.

"Club stuff running over from last night. It's been awhile since they've been up there. Plus Gemma should be up there." He told me. Odd... I thought to myself again. He had been acting different in the slightest ways this morning. Something was off and I knew it. Though it was probably my appointment with Alonzo. I knew he wasn't happy about it but he still allowing me to go. I only hoped that Alonzo was going to be on his best behavior

"Alright..." I said to him as I brought over a plate of bacon to the table.

"Did you want to come by and meet him?" I asked Jax slowly. I watched as he stiffened at my question.

"No." He said simply.

"Would you have wanted to meet Tara after every-"

"No." I said as I turned on my heel walking back over to the stove. If Tara was still around today there wouldn't be a single bone in my body that would want to meet her. Especially after what she did when we were young. Everyone knew Jax was mine. Especially her. I felt bad for still hating her for that after she died but I always knew how to hold a grudge. I slipped away to get ready for the day. I was thankful that my bruises were even better today than they were the day before. I could easily hide them with some color correction. Unfortunately that meant that I would be wearing a lot of makeup and it might look like I was getting dolled up for my appointment. Which I was not. I knew that if Alonzo saw me visibly hurt he would have raised hell. And to keep everyone safe I had to make sure that I didn't give either one of them a raise to be mad at each other.

Jax was watching Abel brush his teeth when I finally came out of the room ready for the day. He studied my face and what I was wearing. He smiled at me then kissed my cheek.

"You look great, babe." He told me.

"Why don't you put that green shirt on that I like." He said and I gave him a confused look.

"Why?" I questioned. I never wore shirts that showed my cleavage when I worked. Or any form fitting shirt for that matter. But that specific shirt was tight and low cut. It even dipped down in the back to show a good amount of skin.

"I just like that one on you. Makes your eyes pop. Please, for me?" He asked and I narrowed my eyes at him but agreed. We both looked over at the door when we heard three quick knocks.

"Chibs" we both said in unison. I went to change and Jax went to answer the door. When I came back into the living room Jax was whispering to Chibs. I assumed he was giving him all the information about Alonzo and how he can bullet in him if he tried anything.