The Siege of The End Part 1

"Water... Earth... Fire... Air..." Katara voices over as the benders demonstrate as she talks. "My grandmother used to tell me stories about the old days, a time of peace when the Avatar kept the balance between the Water Tribes, Earth Kingdom, Fire Nation, and Air Nomads. But that all changed when the Fire Nation attacked." It journeys into the map showing the world and closes in on a bender displaying all the elements. "Only the Avatar mastered all four elements. Only he could stop the ruthless firebenders. But when the world needed him most, he vanished." He disappears from sight. "A hundred years have passed and the Fire Nation is nearing victory in the war. Two years ago, my father and the men of my tribe journeyed to the Earth Kingdom to help fight against the Fire Nation, leaving me and my brother to look after our tribe." It shows the Water Tribe men on their boats and Katara hugging her older brother Sokka holding up a lantern. "Some people believe that the Avatar was never reborn into the Air Nomads and that the cycle is broken, but I haven't lost hope. I still believe that somehow the Avatar will return to save the world."

The Siege of The End Part 1

In the Water Tribe City plaza at the foot of the Citadel steps where Katara faced off with Master Pakku. The segmented ice columns that Katara topped during the duel had been repaired finally. It is morning and two Waterbending students face off against each other, the student to the left a nervous looking teenage boy whose left eye twitches slightly in anxiety. His opponent is Katara who looks confident, a slight smile on her face when the boy raises up a ball of water, turning it to ice and throws it at his opponent. Katara bends the ice around her, while liquefies it at the same time, and sends a huge stream of water back at the boy who washes up and backwards. As he is washed away, the water turns to ice, imprisoning the boy about ten feet off the ground. Katara who relinquishes her Waterbending stance while Master Pakku approaches her from over her shoulder. "Nice try, Pupil Sangok. A couple of more years and you might be ready to fight a sea sponge." Master Pakku taunts him as Pupil Sangok continues to struggle against his bonds that hold him. Master Pakku turns away, making a motion with his left hand, and the ice prison melts away, dropping the helpless student to the ground. The rest of Master Pakku's students sit slumped on the ground who all appear to be teenage boys. "Would anyone care for a rematch with Katara?" He asks his pupils and they all shake their heads. "Katara, you have advanced more quickly than any student I have ever trained. You have proven that with fierce determination, passion and hard work you can accomplish anything." He tells her turning to look at the young Avatar. "Raw talent alone is not enough." He says looking at Aang lying on the ground, floating Momo around on an airball, a lazy smile on his face. "Pupil Aang!" He calls out to him this causes Momo's airball to dissipate and Momo falls on Aang's head.

"Yes, Master Pakku?" Aang replies.

"Care to step into the sparring circle? I figure since you've found time to play with house pets you must have already mastered Waterbending." Master Pakku asks him rhetorically and Aang airbends himself to his feet.

"I wouldn't say 'mastered', but check this out!" Aang tells him and spins around, collecting snow around him as he goes. When he's done, he has made himself into a snowman then Momo pounces onto him, knocking him down. Master Pakku and Katara wear similar expressions of disdain looking at Aang, Master Pakku shakes his head in disgust at the young Avatar's actions.

In one of the city's many canals on another bridge, Princess Yue begins to speak as she and Sokka walk on top of the bridge's guardrail. "So they don't have palaces in the Southern Tribe?" Princess Yue asks him.

"Are you kidding? I grew up in a block of ice. It's not exactly a cultural hub." Sokka tells her stopping and sitting down on the railing. Yue laughs at this with a warm smile, putting her hand on Sokka's shoulder and after a moment she pulls back looking at him seriously.