CHAPTER 2

Chapter II

METHODOLOGY

This describes and discusses how the researchers will gather necessary data and information that will be used in conducting the research. This includes details of the study area, sources of data, methods in collecting data and statistical treatment of data. This chapter will serve as a guide for the researchers in performing their study to derive with a more reliable result and help the researchers find "Sweet Krispies Treats" viability.

Study Area

The researchers have chosen Northern Bukidnon Community College (NBCC) specifically the Teacher's Education Program (TEP) students, Bukidnon Second Electric Corporation (BUSECO) and Manolo Fortich Public Market as their target market. The selected target market are chosen because the researchers wanted to introduce and to promote their product as a new form of delicacy. And the information and data that are gathered from these selected target market are needed for the study.

Sources of Data

One of the important factors that need to be considered in conducting a research, is the sources of data. It may be in the form of primary data and secondary data. Primary sources of data will come from the answer in the survey questionnaire Secondary source will come from the books, internet and previous feasibility studies and other resources to obtain more knowledge.

Methods of Collecting Data

In order to gather the needed information, the researchers used several methods which to be apply as the basis for the study. These are the following:

For Northern Bukidnon Community College:

The researchers wrote a letter to ask permission from the head of Northern Bukidnon Community College. The researchers also asked for its current population and all valid information including courses, majors and etc.

Target Market

Total Population

Northern Bukidnon Community College

1125

Bukidnon Second Electric Cooperative

-

Tankulan Public Market

-

Upon receiving the total population of the target market, using the Slovene's formula the researchers solved for the number of respondents included for conducting the sampling.

Target Market

Respondents

Total Population of Respondents

Total Percentage

Sample size