CHAPTER 3

CHAPTER III

TECHNICAL STUDY

In this chapter, the production processes will be discussed from the production description, material used, price and supply of the raw materials up to the location area. The ingredients and procedures in making the Sweet Krispies Treats up to the packaging, manpower needed, sanitation and estimated shelf life of the product are also indicated here.

Production Description

Sweet Krispies Treats is made of dark and white chocolate as its main ingredients, it also contains rice krispies. This product is usually served as a snack, dessert, and sometimes used an energizer. There are few foods that people feel as passionate about, a passion that goes beyond a love for the "sweetness" of most candies or desserts, after all, few people crave caramel, whipped cream, or bubble gum. Chocolate is, well, different. Chocolate, as few doctors might say is not always harmful to us, and neither is it all that good. For the true chocoholic, just thinking about chocolate can evoke a pleasurable response. Chocolate has been said to cause acne and tooth decay, and has a reputation for being a fattening, nutrition-less food. But, the good news is that most of the bad effects of eating chocolate are either overstated or entirely false.

Despite its reputation as an unhealthy indulgence, chocolate actually has a surprisingly rich nutritional content. It contains traces of several basic vitamins, including vitamins C, A, E and D. Chocolate also contains minerals iron, phosphorus and copper. Chocolate made with milk contains high-quality protein, potassium, magnesium and calcium.

Our second main ingredients is Rice Krispies cereal, it is a rice-based, low-sugar alternative too many of the higher-sugar kid's cereals available. For families with food sensitivities and allergies, dry Rice Krispies cereal contains no wheat, soy, milk or nuts.Rice Krispies is a naturally cholesterol-free food.

Supply of Raw Materials

Choosing the quality of raw materials is highly needed in producing a good quality of a product and for reliable suppliers to come up with a standard and satisfying product. Customers will surely patronize that meet their preferences and standard. It is also important to consider the supplier's place or origin in its accessibility in order to present from delays for delivery.The product are directly delivered in the store in case in wheather condition.

The researchers has three (3) suppliers for the Chocolate and Milk Compound. Suppliers are Monster Kitchen Store, located at Rizal St, Cagayan de Oro, and Misamis Oriental. The other one is another branch of Monster Kitchen Store located at Jardiniano Bldg., San Agustin-Rizal Sts., near Cathedral. The last one is the YSU Marketing Corporation located at Mortola Street, Cagayan de Oro City. All of the ingredients and the materials of our product are purchased with that specific store. Monster Kitchen Store opened a 8:00 A.M – 7 P.M at weekdays and in weekends it opened at 8:00 A.M – 5:00 P.M.

Purchasing Schedule:

Ingredients

Purchasing Schedule

Quantity

Units

Supplier/Store

Retail Price

Purchasing Cost