CHAPTER THREE: CODE RED

code red; serious warning or threat

Will Byers rushed to his room after his appointment with Dr Owens. He patiently waited until his friends finished school and were home before he told them what he saw. He jumped on his bed, crossed his legs and grabbed his walkie talkie. "Hello, guys? Is anyone there?" He called out on channel ten. "I think it's a code red."

After a few seconds of waiting, Mike came through. "Will? What's wrong? Did you have another episode?" He asked, concerned.

"No, I'm fine. It's just when...I was in the lab and I saw this girl our age. I think it was one of the new girls from Mr Clarke's class."

"MadMax?" Mike asked. "What?"

"No. Not Max." Will paused, trying to remember the brunette's name. "...Melanie! I'm sure she was at the lab. I walked passed her and I was like; she looks familiar."

Mike stuttered a little before asking, "Uh...why would Melanie be at the lab?"

"I don't know. That's why I'm telling you guys." There was a brief silence whilst their little minds thought of possible theories to why this so called 'New Yorker' was in Hawkins Laboratory.

"You don't think she could be...like Eleven." Mike assumed. Even though he hadn't seen any proof, he already knew. And if he was right, she might know something about Eleven.

"I mean...it's possible but I can't see Dr Owens doing that. Where's Dustin and Lucas?" Will asked. Will's mother knocked twice before peeking in telling him his dinner was ready. Before Mike could even answer, Will said, "I gotta go but I'll see you tomorrow."

"I don't know. We have to tell them tomorrow at AV Club." Mike said. He knew they were probably seeing if the new Max in school was really MadMax. Mike knew it was her but didn't care. Will made a note in his head to arrive at school a little earlier for AV Club then turned his walkie off. He felt more at ease now that he told somebody about Melanie."Don't forget."

Mike basically had a sleepless night that night. He had so many thoughts going through his head. His main one was; is Melanie the key to getting Eleven back?