Chapter 22

Remi's POV

After a nerve-racking, long yet exciting game, I was proud to say that we won. The score was 4 - 3 for our team. Sammy and Cole scored magnificent goals and Lucas and Luca helped score the second and the third goal. They played their hearts out and it was fun to watch. Of course, I taught them... I'm the sports master. No one can beat me in soccer. Okay, I'll stop.

As soon as the game ended, we ran to the center of the field and cheered for the team and my brothers. I hugged Sammy and Cole then stood aside, watching in silence. Ian was greeting them and bro-hugging them next thing I know, he was gone from my sight. Maybe he went to the bathroom? Oh well... I have a cool family that has a cool daughter.

While I was standing alone, gazing at the small overjoyed crowd, I felt two hands grab me from behind. One hand was around my neck, and the other was around my stomach with something cold and hard. I slowly looked down and saw a knife. I screamed at the top of my lungs, which caused the noise and cheers to die down. The boys and my family looked at me with wide eyes. "Let go of me you jerk!" I yelled. Who was it? I turned my head a little to see a face with a bandage on his nose. He was Vincent Payne. Surprise, surprise... Not.

"Remi!" My brothers shouted and tried to come closer but were stopped by 5 buffy men in black. Hey I love that movie. Not the time.

I tried to wiggle my way out of his tight grip but couldn't. I felt helpless. "Vincent, let go of me," I demanded once again and he laughed as if I told him the joke of the year. "I told you, you'd pay for what you did to me, you, and your brothers," he whispered in my ear, which sent unpleasant shivers down my spine. Dad and mama tried to move closer but Vincent tightened his grip on my neck and stomach which made me wince in pain.

"One more step and she's gone. I'm not kidding!" Vincent threatened while showing the small knife on my stomach. I searched through the big horrified crown for Ian, but I didn't see him. Where is he? Oh, wait... Bathroom probably.

I felt that I wanted to cry like a baby, yet, I held my tears back. I didn't want to satisfy Vincent. "Please, let go of me, I'm sorry for what my brothers have done to you." I apologized to save my short life. I didn't live the full life. I'm just 16 almost 17. I hope they remember me.

I looked at Aurora and saw her in the arms of Nick. He was protecting her. Good, she's safe at least.

"The McKnight brothers, watch carefully what I'm about to do to your precious and only sister, as you always say. She will be humiliated in front of the whole school like you humiliated me." Vincent announced and I felt scared and afraid for the first time since I was chased by a dog 10 years ago. One minute... It's not the whole school. Jokes on him, some are absent.

"Don't you dare touch her!" My brothers yelled at him in unison. Quads telepathy at this time is scary.

"That just made me more eager to rip her shirt off of her nice toned body, that you don't allow anyone to see it," Vincent pointed out and I tried once again to free myself. Dad started walking towards me with a calm expression on his face. "Give her back to me or I swear that I'll make you live in hell while you're still alive! You will die before your actual death." Dad threatened him with an intimidating tone but then, Vincent reminded dad that my life was still in his dirty hands.

Vincent grabbed my shirt and teared it to two pieces. I know I was supposed to scream for what he had done to me but... I just laughed. He looked at me with a weird look, then he realized what just happened. "Jokes on you jerk, I wore a sports bra today, so basically, you didn't do anything bad." I sassed at him and he got too angry and pissed to the point of slapping me. His other hand was still holding me tight. He just slapped me. He slapped a girl. He slapped a weak girl?