+ ONE +

Charlie did not want to be here that was one thing for sure but apparently his older sister Lorelai came back to their parents begging for money for his niece Rory's school which just so happened to be for Chilton the same school that he attended so there he was in the living room with his father waiting for the two to arrive.

Flicking though the newspaper given to him by his father Charlie looks up hearing the voice of his mother "I want to hear all about Chilton."

"Well, I haven't actually started yet." speaks Rory causing Charlie to property look at her as he haven't seen her in over six months.

"Richard Charlie, look who's here." introduces Emily

"Rory. You're tall." smiles Richard

While Charlie just smirks "Well well looks like little Rory has grown up and is going to Chilton"

"I guess." answers Rory for both questions kind of uncomfortable being around her family that she doesn't really know

Breaking the silence enters the runaway child miss Lorelai Gilmore "Hi, Dad" greets Lorelai before turning to Charlie "Hey Charles"

To which Charlie just rolls his eyes "It's Charlie"

"Lorelai, your daughter's tall."

"Oh, I know. It's freakish. We're thinking of having her studied at M.I.T." jokes Lorelai to which no one else finds funny as everyone looks some where else around the room.

"Ah." comments Richard before returning to his paper

"Champagne, anyone?" wonder Emily as Charlie eyes snap up to the glass handed to him by his mother

"Oh, that's fancy." exclaims Lorelai taking a glass just as Charlie did Rory following suit

Rising her glass Emily makes her toast for the evening "Well, it's not every day that I have my girls and Charlie here for dinner on a day the banks are open. A toast - to Rory entering Chilton and an exciting new phase in her life."

"Here, here." boasts Richard while Charlie just sips his champagne

"Mmm. Well, let's sit everyone. This is just wonderful. An education is the most important thing in the world, next to family. I'm sure Charlie will be able to show you around if you ask as he goes to Chilton too" comments Emily

"I didn't know you want there Charlie" questions Rory

"Well I do" reply's Charlie in a bored tone earning him a glare from his mother for being rude

"Well I think pie is just as important too" Jokes Lorelai again but still is left with silence "Joke, joke." Leaving a long silence as Charlie goes back to the newspaper and Richard handing Rory her own section.

+++

Later that night, the Gilmore clan are sitting at the table eating their dinner made by this weeks maid or chef.

"Rory, how do you like the lamb?"

"It's good."

"Too dry?"

"No, it's perfect."

"Potatoes could use a little salt, though." jokes Lorelai to which Charlie looks up in confusing like what is wrong with you maybe you should just be quiet

"Excuse me?" Questions Emily insulted by Lorelai's comment

Sensing the conflict that is about to happen Rory steps in "So Charlie how are things going with you"

Making everybody turn to look at him "Good I guess, school is fine and the rest is great it's my last year then off to college" answers Charlie

"What college do you want attend" wonders Rory finding her uncle more interesting as time goes on.

Before Charlie can reply Richard jumps in "Charlie is heading off to Yale just like your grandmother and myself once did" to which Charlie jut nods because it's true he was heading off to Yale because he could easily get in with the family name behind him.

This time turning his attention to Lorelai Richard asks "And how are things at the motel?"

Kind of hurt that her father doesn't know what she does she quickly hides it "The inn? They're great."

"Lorelai's the executive manager now. Isn't that wonderful?" Pridefully answers Emily while Charlie just thinks of why would you give up a life of luxury for that job.

"Speaking of which, Christopher called yesterday."

"Oh yeah he did I spoke to him for a bit" adds Charlie

"Speaking of which? How is that a speaking of which?" An angry Lorelai snaps

"He's doing very well in California. His Internet start-up goes public next month. This could mean big things for him." comments Richard before turning to Rory "Very talented man, your father."

"She knows."

"He always was a smart one, that boy. You must take after him."

"Speaking of which, I'm gonna get a Coke. Or a knife." grumbles Lorelai as she storms out of the room. Following suit Rory gets "I think I'm gonna go talk to her -"

But before she could leave Emily stops her "No, I'll go. You stay and keep your grandfather and Charlie company.

Looking over at Richard the two youngest Gilmore find him asleep leaving the two to awkwardly be left at the table to talk.

"So do you like Chilton" wonders Rory curious to know what her future school will really be like.

"It's strict I guess, your a sophomore right" questions Charlie

"Yeah"

"Well just be carefully of Paris that girl is intense, maybe stay away from the puffs maybe Aspen too she can be mean if you get off on the wrong foot" warns Charlie

"Wait what are the Puff and who is Paris" stresses Rory but is interrupted by hearing her grandmother and mother yelling

"Yes, and think of where you would have been if you'd accepted a little help, hmm? And where Rory would have been. You would even know Charlie better you didn't even know that he doesn't like his first name. But no, you were always too proud to accept anything from anyone and just wanted to get away from this family."

"Well, I wasn't too proud to come here to you two begging for money for my kid's school, was I? and me and it's not just my fault that I don't know Charlie as if you would have let him vist"

"No, you certainly weren't. But you're too proud to let her know where you got it from, aren't you? Well, fine, you have your precious pride and I have my weekly dinners. Isn't that nice? We both win."

Hearing this makes Rory sink lower into her chair finally finding out how Chilton is being payed for. While Charlie just hopes that he does't have to be here every Friday night.

First Chapter Done OMG

I can't wait for Aspen to be in the next chapter