+ FOUR +

"Decent effort by most" addresses Mr Medina as he starts handing back the recent Test-papers.

"Good effort by some, exceptional effort by three. Miss Geller, Miss Grant and Miss Geller. "

As Mr Medina hands Aspen back her test paper along with Paris and Louise, she can't help the massive wave of pride that washed over her as she looks down at her paper to see a giant A circled

Taking her eyes off her paper when Mr Medina starts to speak again "Take these home, learn from your mistakes. Look at the large red circles around various parts of your paper as friendly reminders that to err is human. And that here at Chilton we try to beat that humanity right outta ya! Ok, next up. The test - the dreaded test. Shakespeare! The man we've been droning on about for the last three weeks finally comes back to haunt us on Friday."

Well, I guess there goes Aspen's weekend plans, as she takes notes of all the important details.

"This is a big one my friends - multiple choice with an essay section that will count for 20% of your grade for this semester. And don't be fooled by my kind face and charming personality. This test will be hard, and there will be no makeups."

As the bell rings everyone in the class packs up their stuff as Mr Medina tries to finish his lecture before everyone is out the door.

"Refer to the study materials that I gave you at the beginning of the month and those extensive notes I know you've been taking."

As the girls finishing packing their books Paris begins the conversation on how everyone went on the test paper

"Hard paper."

"Killer," remarks Louise

"Totally" states Aspen as she grabs out some gum from her bag to chew on.

"How'd you do?" questions Paris turning to face the three other girls

"A" shrugs Louise like the A is no big deal

"Same" grins Aspen

"Me too" adds Paris while giving Aspen a proud look.

"Oh small world"

"Isn't it? Madeline, what'd you get?" continues Paris while Rory lurks in the background listening to the conversation to which Paris and Louise seem to already know but Aspen is oblivious as she chews her gum.

"You know I got a B" answers a confused Madeline who is just as clueless as Aspen is being right now

"A 'B's not bad you know" speaks up Aspen

"Oh not at all."

"Respectable even"

"I'd be proud"

"A 'D' however, that would be cause for concern" informs Paris as Rory leans in closer

Shocked that someone at Chilton would get a D Aspen speaks up "As if anyone at Chilton would get a D"

"A cry for help" smirks Louise

"A job application at McDonald's"

"Would you like fries with that?" jokes Louise

"Hey, you know, not everybody can be smart. As my mother always says, somebody has to answer the phones," adds Paris as the girls laugh as that is actually something her mom would say.

"Ok, I have no idea what you two are talking about." butts in a confused Madeline

"No, but Rory does" smirks Paris as the girls look over their shoulder to see Rory creeping behind them obviously listening.

"Oh hey, Rory" smiles Aspen but she is quickly pulled out of the hallway by Paris.

As the girls make their way down the hallway Aspen stares at the people around her but her eyes widen at the sight of Charlie talking to Francie in the hallway. Like it's not that Charlie and her were dating or anything but still, it hurt. 

As she moves closer she makes awkward eye contact with Charlie to which Aspen quickly speeds up wanting to get away from Charlie ASAP.

As she picks up her pace her friends send her a questioning look to which she replies with the first thing she can think of. 

"It's Mexican day, and I'm hungry" grins Aspen, surprisingly enough the girls believe her and are now on their way to the cafeteria. While Aspen is in deep thought if Charlie wants to play like that then bring it on.

+++

Throughout Aspen's classes, she made a list of every hot guy in the school that would make Charlie jealous. After crossing out a couple that didn't meet her stranded she was left with only a couple names. At the top of the list was Tristian. Charlie and Tristian weren't friends but they still got along and he was the perfect person to make Charlie jealous.

So halfway through class Aspen slipped Tristan a simple note asking if he would drive her home from school. A simple thing expects for the fact that Charlie drives her home every day. As expected Tristan accepted and give her a nice wink at the end, to which Aspen just grinned back, boy's were so stupid sometimes.

As the two exited class together heading out to the carpark,  Aspen makes sure to arrive at the carpark just before Charlie would so he can see her driving off with Tristan. As the two pull up at Tristan's black BMW, Aspen makes her way over to the passager side of the car just as Charlie walks out into the carpark.

As Charlie makes his way over to his car which he was surprised to not see Aspen waiting at, as she normally gets out of school quicker. But when looking over at the other side of the car park there is none other than Aspen getting into Tristan's car.

It's not that Charlie didn't like Tristan, he didn't have any issue with him but for some reason, Aspen getting into his car didn't sit right with him. Especially when he saw Tristan hand placed on Aspen's leg as he started the car.

As the car drives past Charlie didn't miss the smirk that graces Aspen's face when she sees him looking at her as if she planned this whole thing. And it clicks that maybe this was planned as he always knew that Aspen gets jealous easily and she didn't look happy when he was talking to Francie. 

So if that's how she wanted to play, then game on cause he could play just as well.