1

*beep* *beep* *beep*

I slam my hand on top of my alarm clock. Do you ever wake up and want to crush everything that makes a sound? Well that's me right now.

I don't want to show it to Hunter because he'll just laugh and tell me 'I told you so'. I was up all night yesterday and today's a Monday.

I go back to school today and last night I was watching movies and stuffing my face. I do that every weekend and go to school looking like a zombie.

Anyway, enough of that. I'm Lexi. I'm 17 and a werewolf. My pack is the silver moon pack, not one of the strongest packs, but not one to mess with either. We all help each other out. Alpha Xavier helps me out more than the rest. He's become a second father, my parents died a few years back. My best friend is Hunter, beta Sams son. We've been told we're as inseparable as the wolves inside of us.

'Yeah, you'll never go anywhere without me!' Says a voice in the back of my mind.

That's my wolf, Audrey. Not all werewolves name their wolves but I did as I didn't want to refer to her as just, 'my wolf'.

She's a pretty white wolf with grey ears, nose, tail tip and legs and she has dark blue eyes.

'Yep, that's me. I'm the most beautiful wolf of them all.'

Did I forget to mention? She's quite vain.

'I heard that!' She snaps.

'I'm only joking! You're the one
friend that will never leave my side! I will never do anything to hurt you!' I say back to her.

I don't like when we fight, even if it's just a small thing that we're not actually mad at each other about.

Audrey has helped me through many things. Her and Hunter.

People think that me and Hunter should date, and I'll admit, Hunter is quite good looking. But I'm waiting for my mate.

Every werewolf finds the one person they're destined for when they turn eighteen, sometimes seventeen. I'm pulled out my thoughts when I hear a loud pounding on my door.

"Chicken nugget, get up! We're going to school!" Yells Hunter.

He does that every morning. I don't know why he calls me chicken nugget, it's his thing.

"Coming! I'm just gonna get dressed!" I yell back.

I head over to my closet and look inside. Looking at all my clothes I eventually put together an outfit. I pull on navy skinny jeans, a black crop top, black trainers and my leather jacket and look in the mirror. It's not the nicest outfit but I couldn't care less. Besides, I go to quite a nice school and no one judges each other, clothes based.

Unless it's Rima. She's the pretty one that all the boys fall for. She's slept with half the boys in school too. She tried flirting with Hunter but he gave her a look of pure disgust and turned back around. I still remember the look on her face. That's why she hates me, she thinks I stole Hunter from her.

We're both waiting for our mates though. Hunter has never dated anyone in his life and neither have I.

I was once again broke out of my thought by Hunter yelling up the stairs, "BACON!"

I take one last look in the mirror then, deciding to leave my hair in its natural wavy state I bolt down stairs three at a time and run into the pack house kitchen to be greeted by the inviting smell of bacon.

I fly over to the table and leap, literally leap, onto the chair next to Hunter. I love bacon. It's my all time favourite. People think I'm just trying to 'stick to trends' as everyone loves bacon, but I'm not a trendy person. I just love bacon. It just tastes so... what's the word..