Chapter three

"Abuse changes your life...Fight back and change the life of of your abusers by breaking your silence on abuse!" -Patty Rose Hopson

Today was officially the last day of high school for me and everyone.

I felt accomplished in a way thinking now I could finally get a real job that I like without that monster.

Although I would have to stay at home until I go to college I was fine with that because I was going to go away and live with Mia and Jacob no matter what.

"Hey Addy!" I spun around from my locker to see Mia who was very excited about something.

"Hi, Mia." I say before grabbing my books and shutting my locker door.

"Aren't you excited it's the last day of school and were going to party and..." she stopped herself realising I couldn't do anything yet again.

"Oh, im sorry I forget really I-" I took a deep breath before replying

"Don't be, I mean I can't go anyway Mia I...I passed out the other night." I told her making her eyes widen, I looked away wishing I hadn't of told her.

"Wha...are you ok and why?" she says barely able to speak.

"I don't know I wanted to just run away and then visit my mother for once but I got caught and then he smashed a beer bottle over my head and then I passed out." I say honestly and quietly.

"Addison that's gone too far we have to take you to a doctor after school forget about the dance and the party this is more important." She says before hugging me, as we pull away I finally reply.

"No, Mia you go have fun I am used to missing out on everything and getting beaten just go." I say trying to sound honest.

"No Addison, we will just skip 5th period and will go then, seriously I can see your head bleeding and there isn't any stitches to keep it from opening again." She replies strongly, she was right and wrong I couldn't let the doctors find out about me and I also could go and get serious help.

"Mia, what if he finds out and I don't have any money." I say feeling a little happy that I was able to tell the truth.

"He won't find out and I can pay for it don't worry about that." She says making me ran a hand throw my hair and bite my lip in nerves.

"Mia I can't let you do-"

"No, buts I am taking you I mean look at you it's getting harder to cover up the bruises and I really think you need help mentally and physically." She says right before the bell rings.

Before I have a chance to reply Mia runs off to class leaving me shocked, am I really doing this?

I take a deep breath before walking into my class while getting a lot of weird glances from people.

I slouch in my seat and place my books on the table slowly.

"What happened now? Are you so stupid that you slammed into a wall." I looked up to see a bunch of girls that I didn't even know.

I bit my lip to stop myself from slapping them, all of them.

"Are you going to answer me or are you just going to sit there like a coward." One of them said.

I took a deep breath before looking up again, I death stared them I really didn't want to get into a fight because of my bruises.

"What are you so beaten you can't even answer a simple question?" that's all it took to finally piss me off.

I stood up at slapped the one that was doing all the talking.

Her hand flew to her cheek before looking at me angrily and then going up to me to hit me back.