Chapter 7: Stay Here. Talk. Radio On.

Logan

I was trying to distance myself from Stella. When--I think her name was Charlie--came over and told Stella that there's a guy that wanted to talk to her it just made me annoyed that I couldn't have her. Then Stella said that she doesn't date which made me feel kinda better. I wanted to get to know her, I wanted to be friends with her, but she'd probably never let that happen. I wasn't allowed to date her because that would mean she wouldn't be safe, so that was out of the picture, and she doesn't like me anyways so I guess there's no point. That and the fact that I'd be leaving this town in about five months when I graduate. If I got to last that long. I thought we were having a moment earlier, but she stopped it before anything could happen.

After Charlie dragged her off, I went and found the first girl I saw, I don't remember what she said her name was. We didn't do much talking, if you know what I mean. Shortly after I started talking to her she just started making out with me. I didn't think much of it, I was used to it. I decided to just kiss her back and get my mind off of Stella, who was probably dancing with some dude. After about an hour I was onto another girl doing the same thing. All of a sudden I heard a punch thrown and then someone hitting the floor. I walked around the corner to see Stella on the floor crying. I didn't like seeing her cry. I then saw Nate running over and punching the guy who must've hit Stella. Nate threw the punch at him which knocked the guy out, making him fall next to Stella. I saw the two other guys behind Nate charging at him.

I ran towards the scene and punched one of the two guys as hard as I could, knocking him out cold. I could hear someone coming up behind me. My arm was still up from punching the guy that was now laying on the floor that I shot my arm back to elbow the guy coming up behind me. I didn't know if it was the second guy or if it was Nate, to be honest, I didn't really care. If it was Nate, he did deserve it, he must've hurt Stella pretty bad for her to be the way she is. I turned around. Damn, it wasn't Nate. I saw the second guy bring his hands to his nose, which I had just elbowed, and heard him moan in pain. I was just about to fully turn around to face him and take a swing at him and then I saw a fist hit his right side from behind him. He was lights out. He fell to the floor which revealed the person who punched him. There stood Stella with her fist still up from punching the guy. It kind of turned me on a little. She then turned to face Nate with another tear streaming down her face and swung her arm to hit him with a right hook. She didn't hit Nate as hard as the other guy, but she still hit him hard enough for him to grip the rail on the stair case so he didn't fall. She then turned to me, still crying, and raised her arm to punch me. I grabbed her forearm just before her fist hit my face and slowly brought it down to wrap my arms around to bring her in a hug.

Stella

I can't believe I was going to punch him. I was just so angry. Angry at the fact that he wasn't alone when I wanted to talk to him. Angry at the fact that Nate all of a sudden wanted me to confide in him about my problems. Angry that I was just punched and kicked when I told a guy no. I was just starting to feel the bruises surfacing on my face and my abdomen. It hurt like a bitch. I was surprised when Logan started hugging me. It took me by surprise, but then once I realized what was happening, I started hugging him back. He hugged me tighter as I continued crying. He bent down a bit and I felt an arm touch the back of my legs and I was swept off my feet. Literally. My arms were already around his neck and then he picked me up, carrying me bridal style.

"Come on, we're gonna get you outta here Jones" he whispered in my ear. He continued to carry me, making his way to the door of the house. "Can somebody open the goddamn door?" he voiced with an annoyed tone. Someone must have opened the door because he continued walking and the sudden cold air made me realize we were outside, but I didn't see who it was, my head was still buried in his neck. He made his way down the front stairs and started walking down the street. Where are we going?