25 | Lockdown

A/N: If your background isn't set like this already, I suggest everyone reading this on a phone to turn their background to BLACK. It helps with the reading experience ^^   - Minna
———————————————————-

"Loosen your grip, you're squeezing the life out of your sniping gun," My voice, amplified by a microphone, informed the group before me whose hold kept slipping and sliding in and out of position because their palms were sweating. Everyone was practicing with an actual sniping rifle for today's exclusive lesson, normally they'd still have to go a long ways until the R.U. Head director would even allow them contact with such a big weapon.

"Anne," came a boy's voice from behind. I turned around to find Sammy trying to help a struggling Diana. He gave me a side-smile and motioned for me to come over. I came up to his group in a couple of long strides. Observing Diana, I detect she was struggling with steadying and accurately aiming her gun.

"I can't seem to hit my target," Diana told me in a defeated tone, a bit dazed at herself, "m'am."

My eyes traced the path her bullet would've gone based on how her gun was set up currently, and found that she, and surely a lot of other students to come, had made one big mistake that beginning snipers tend to make.

"You need to find your own position after setting up your gun," I began, taking the sniping gun from her, "That's the basics, Greenwood. You seem to lack a bit in that area." Ignoring her look of regret from last night, I presented myself as volunteer and called for Clarissa to blast the directions for a one-on-one visual demonstration.

"GATHER UP AND OBSERVE YOUR INSTRUCTOR," she declared, getting the students' attention immediately. This was what they signed up for, anyway.

I brought the weapon in a far range from the students, always taking in the precaution that sniping bullets could easily pierce a bullet-proof suit. It was probably safe not to trust their lives in my hands anyway. I wasn't an angel. They should be okay at the least, however. For training we used light bullets, not nearly as impactful or lethal as the ones I carried around for missions.

Inhaling slowly, I lowered my body and presumed Prone position.

"Prone," Clarissa started the briefing to today's lesson, "Your most accurate field position for 'sniping.' Observe that her legs are not newly pulled out chopsticks running parallel to each other. Her body takes up a Y position. This absorbs the recoil and gives her better accuracy when taking up a shot. The rifle is inline with her body to make that possible. What's one thing that catches your attention?"

"Adler," she pointed Sammy out.

Sammy observed me and replied, "She's calm. For handling such a big weapon and knowing the pressure should be weighing her and someone's fate down, she's surprisingly calm." He ends almost with a smirkingly proud tone, yet staying modest.

Bingo Sam-my-man.

"Precisely," Clarissa clapped loudly, "Why?"

"Cause she's not scared?" The kid I dealt with from before broke in, still salty about what happened.

"Because she's maintaining her breathing," Diana gave her answer, and the correct one at it.

Clarissa nodded, gesturing back to my form, "Her breathing heavily affects her shot. Everyone needs to find their own rhythm and-"

BWEEP BIP BIP BWEEP BIP BIP BIP BWEEP BIP BIP BIP BWEE-