35 | Dead Hole

I didn't swallow a bite of food for two hours straight. It was well into the night and people had evacuated the dining area already, yet our table sat and kept the atmosphere alive.

"Hey."

I felt Liam nudge me. I didn't avert my gaze from Rosella nor Ben as they played around with their food, entertaining each other. Just an hour ago the woman had her attention all on Liam, engaging in adult talk that made me uncomfortable, yet he held out pretty well.

I perked my ear, the one closest, so that it tilted towards him.

"You have to eat something, Lennon," he frowned, eyeing my untouched plate of food, "I don't need you slowing me down later on just because you have no energy in you." He gazed at the side of my face in a slight disapproving look before turning back to the front.

I gritted my teeth as Rosella looked up and met my eyes, a twisted smile playing on her plump lips. She had been stealing glances at me every now and then and presented these sinister, uncomfortable smirks that kept making my stomach want to lose it's week-worth of food.

"No," I maintained the eye contact with the woman as her eyes traveled down where Liam's and my two arms were always lingering next to each other's, "If I stuff anything down there it's going to be a bomb in her throat."

He sighed out silently and checked his phone for the time.

"Jason babe," The woman's voice broke through into our bubble of comfort silence.

Liam stopped his eyes and slowly turned off his phone from under the table, looking up to Rosella in a side-smirk, act on.

"Why don't you come here? I get it, stop clinging to him you slug!" Rosella turned the blame on me. My eyes twitched as I formed a thin line of what I presumed was a smile.

Analyzing the situation, it took me back to all those years of being looked down by pathetic people who'd have their eyes burned out if they were in my territory. Once again, I felt like a student in glasses. And once again, Liam Carter was putting on an act. Time had changed. But have we? It seemed like everything was going in a circle

Liam and I met eyes and a fraction of panic sparked between us as we realized we couldn't separate. My right hand curled into a tense fist as I struggled with the cuffs out of Rosella's sight.

Shit. My eyes tried to tell him in a frown. I angled my head at him. What now?

Liam had on a blank expression now as he looked back at Rosella and said, "hm."

And my eyes dilated abruptly as I felt his body rise and bring me along with him.

What was he thinking? I followed the lead of the man before me. He was going to go to her? What about me?! I don't want to be near her!

We walked to her side of the table and had a wider view of the close contact between Rosella and Ben. I turned my head away and hummed silently in my head to block out any unnecessary sounds. Before the woman could question why I had followed him, Liam made his move.

My breath hitched and my throat tightened as I saw that before me, Liam was closing his body into Rosella's. He was currently in the process of stalling. Stroking her arms, gazing at her eyes, angling his head, cupping her checks, he was going through anything and everything possible before sacrificing his own lips.

I noticed Ben sitting to the side with a nasty look on his face. His eyes bore into Liam's and it dripped with malicious emotions as he watched Liam perform.

Then his eyes went to mine.

Then there was a pause.

I saw his parted lips twist into a side-smirk as his eyes abruptly changed shape.