Her Answer

Ka Suo was petrified. The scene in front of him wasn't the one he was expecting to see when he went to see his brother in his room. Shi had been staying in his room a lot that he decided to pull him out of there no matter what. He didn't expect though that Ya Lun was also there. Deep asleep beside his brother.

He frowned. Not understanding what's going on. Ya Lun and Lan Shang are together. Everyone knew that and there's no doubt about it. Mostly, they're seen together. So, what is this? What's going on?

Shi looked happy and content though. Base on the smile on his lips and how he moved closer to Ya Lun in his sleep, finding comfort. As if Ya Lun knew, he too moved pulling his brother close to him until Shi was resting his head on his chest. He sighed. He'd let it slide... for now.

Quietly, he left the room.

(^_^) (^_^) (^_^)

An hour later...

Ya Lun woke up and quietly left Shi's room. His mate would be sleeping until tomorrow. His eyes scanned the quiet hallway. His brow rose. It was unusual. Usually, a servant or a maid was on the side doing her/his job. He shrugged. It's probably nothing.

"Can we talk?"

He sighed when he heard that. He should have known. "Of course." He stated, meeting Ka Suo's firm gaze.

In the castle's balcony ...

"What's your intention with my brother?"

Ya Lun smiled at the straightforwardness. "If you meant my feelings for him then you don't have anything to worry. He has my heart."

Ka Suo frowned. "And Lan Shang?"

"The same with her." He simply answered. "And yes, Ying Kong Shi knows. I'm planning on telling Lan Shang later." He sighed when he saw Ka Suo's confused expression.

"You see Prince Ka Suo unlike most of you, my kind is different. Due to my clan's unique abilities and because we are rare. We were destined to have two mates. I need them in order to survive."

"So, you're telling me..."

"That Ying Kong Shi and Lan Shang are my chosen mates. However, as I've said you don't have to worry. Shi and Lan Shang have the last words. If they chose not to stay by my side, then so be it."

Ka Suo frowned. Though, they're not close. He didn't like the sound of that either. "But that means that you'll die."

Ya Lun smiled. His eyes were full of love and acceptance. "I don't mind. If it means making them happy, then it is fine. I don't mind sacrificing my life."

"NO!" said a forceful voice then. Suddenly, Ya Lun was enveloped by two delicate arms. His eyes widened, looking back, meeting the mermaid princess teary eyes.

"L-lan Shang." He stuttered. Her grip on him tightened.

"You. are. Not. Going. To. Die." She stated firmly. "Please don't say those words again. Ya Lun, if Ying Kong Shi accepted it then I do too. Besides..." She stopped, looking down.

"I already kind of know that you like him." She continued.

"Huh?"

"I saw you two... under the cherry blossoms trees." She admitted. Ya Lun blushed, remembering that. Darn. He should control his urges more.

Lan Shang chuckled when she saw the red tint. "That's why I don't mind sharing you with him." His eyes softened at that, pulling her against him, kissing her forehead lovingly.

Ka Suo who was still on the side. Quietly left the scene. A small smile was playing on his lips. How complicated... but... as long as they're happy then so be it.

Night...

"Father," Ya Lun said firmly. He was about to sleep when a firebird landed in front of him.

"Did you find them?"

"Yes but I didn't claim them yet." He half-lied. It's better to buy more time. Honestly, he didn't want to return to the fire tribe yet.

"I see. Do your best to claim them as soon as possible. I need you here. Our generals are getting rusty."

"I'll do what I can." He answered. "Are you all healed?"

In the fire tribe...

Flame smirked. This child of his is the most kind-hearted one. He looked at his form. No, he's not healing. Maybe it's time to assign a new king? If this was before, he would choose Shuo Gang. However, now that Yan Da has awaken... maybe he'll make her queen?

"Don't worry about me. Just focus on what you need to do." He told him, ending the conversation.

Back with Ya Lun...

He gritted his teeth, smiling sadly. Sooner or later, he'll need to leave. Leave his mates behind...