♕ Chapter 21

"I'm home," Alex pushed the door open and walked into his hotel room. He looked around the luxury living room and there's no sign of his mother. "I'm in the kitchen!" he heard Princess Christina's voice shouting. He made his way to the kitchen where he found her, blending some fruits.

"You've been home all day?" Alex asked and placed his backpack onto the kitchen table. Christina nodded and poured her blended carrot juice into the glass. "I'm going out tonight," she said and turned herself facing his son. "What happen to you?" she asked worriedly and place a hand on Alex's face.

"I'm fine," Alex shoved his mother's hand slowly. "I couldn't sleep, that's all," he explained and sat on the chair. He closed his eyes, trying to eased the pain in his head. His head had been spining all day and Rose's expression when he ignored her was haunting him. He felt guilty, truly guilty. 

"Alex, what's wrong?" Christina asked, stressing her tone. "Seth did something to you?" she raised her voice. Alex shook his head immediately. "No, mom. Seriously, I'm okay. I'm just tired. Its nothing to do with Seth," he assured. Christina pulled a deep breath. "You can lie to someone else but not to me," she said. 

Alex looked up to her. "Have you ever love someone very much? And you think about that person all the time?" he asked. Christina wrinkled her nose as she was confuse. She took a seat opposite to Alex. "Are you in love with someone?" she curved a smile. He let out a chuckle. "I think so," he admitted. "But she's in love with someone else,"

Christina sighed and took his hand. "It's alright, sweetheart. She's the one who is in loss. She just miss someone as handsome and nice as you," she coaxed him and Alex curved a weak smile. "Who's that lucky girl?" she grinned.

He ran his hand through his blonde hair. "I'm not ready to tell you yet, mom," he said with hope that she'll understand. Plus, he was afraid that his mother might hurt Rose as she never did like anyone who is connected with Seth Larston. Christina frowned. "Why? You think I will hurt her because she broke my son's heart?" she said sarcastically.

Alex laughed. "No, mom. I'm just not ready yet," he said. Christina gave him a dissapointed smile. "Fine. But you must promise that you'll tell me one day," she said. 

"I promise."

~~

 ♫ Two days later,

The waiter opened the door for him as he entered. "Thank you," he said and passed his coat to the waiter. "Ms. Harper is waiting for you," the waiter bowed down and showed him the way. The restaurant was empty and clearly, Jessica already booked it for the whole night. He looked around the restaurant and finally spotted her. She was wearing a turtle neck black dress with a glass of wine in her hands.

"Hello, Alex," Jessica smiled as he arrived beside her. "Have a seat," she said so Alex took a seat opposite to her. "You want anything to drink or eat?"

"No, thank you," he said in an unfriendly tone. "I only came here because you told me that you have something to tell me about Rose. What is it?" he said. Jessica chuckled and sipped her wine. "Its so obvious that you love her, Alex," she grinned and lowered her glass. "I don't know why everyone were crazy about her,"

"Jessica, I don't want to be rude," Alex frowned. "But if you invited me here just to say that, I'm not interested and please, don't ever insult Rose infront of me," he warned and his eyes were looking sharply on her. "I don't want to fight with you, Alexander," Jessica smirked and raised her thin brown eyebrown. "I'm here to be your friend. Close friend, actually,"

"What do you mean?"

Jessica laughed sarcastically before fixed her eyes into his. "I love Seth as much as you love Rose. Seth and I were meant to be together, I know it. If it wasn't because of his stupid grandfather, I would have been his wife,"