Chapter 13

"You've had that grin on your face for the whole week. Are you okay?" I heard Ollie ask, making me come out of my thoughts. I blinked, reaching out for my lips to find out that they were indeed curved in a smile. It was almost painful. I chuckled, turning in the chair by my study desk so that I could look at Ollie who was sitting crisscross applesauce on his bed. It was early in the evening, and we were both done with our lectures for today. 

"I'm fine. Why are you asking?" I asked, making him shrug before he returned his gaze to the screen of the phone he had in his hands. It was Wednesday, a whole three days since I went out on a date with Maxwell, and the effects of it hadn't worn out yet. I smiled like a fool for most of my classes, and especially the one class I had with Maxwell.

Ollie sighed, shaking his head. "Don't worry about it."

"I think Maxwell and I are dating. Well, not technically," I said, catching Ollie's attention again. He looked up, staring right at me with wide eyes. I shrugged, not knowing how to react to his expression. I needed help understanding what was going on, and he was the closest one insight I was willing to talk to.

"Wait, when?" he asked as I stared down at the carpet.

"Well, I don't know. I said I think we are," I muttered, running a hand through my head of brown hair. Maxwell and I have been talking more frequently, and he had shown up to have lunch with me and Ollie for the past two days. Plus, we were kissing a lot now, and I wasn't sure what that meant. I liked him, and he liked me? Well, I guess he did. 

"I don't think things like that just go unsaid. Ask him directly," Ollie said before shaking his head. "For someone who likes to write romance novels you have like zero relationship skills," Ollie said, making both of us laugh a bit.

"Yeah, I guess," I said, finding my smile think out a bit. Ollie was right, I just hoped I would be more vocal in the future. Maxwell invited me over to watch him practice, so we could talk then. I looked up from my fingers, looking over at Ollie who now had his whole concentration on the screen of his phone again. I rose a brow, still wondering about who he was always talking to.

"Who's that?" I asked, making Ollie pause before looking up at me.

"What?" he asked, cocking his head to the side, his phone still in his hands.

I shrugged, gesturing towards his device. "Who are you always talking to?" I asked, and I watched as he put his phone away before sighing.

"It doesn't matter."

"Come on Ollie. Give me a hint. Is it someone I know?" I asked, getting up from my seat before heading over to my bed. I took a seat at the edge, still staring at Oliver. Ollie bit his bottom lip before humming. It looked like he was deciding what to tell me.

"What about if it's both?" he asked, making me frown a bit.

"What?"

"It's not just one person. It's someone you know and someone you don't," he said, making me groan loudly. Ollie chuckled at my distress. "Okay, I'm sorry. It's just Advik."

I frowned, trying to figure out who that is before I let out an oh. Advik was Maxwell's really tall friend from the party. I had seen him a few times after that, mostly hanging out in Maxwell's floor's main lounge, or drinking something down in the cafe. Overall, he was hard to miss. He was tall and loud, so he stuck out like a sore thumb.

"Wait, where did you meet him?" I asked, adjusting my position on my bed. Since I've been Ollie's roommate I haven't really seen him hang around with people. He was either on his phone or doing something else. He did go to the central campus gyms sometimes too.