FIFTY-SEVEN

~Aphrodite~

I told Valdus to go up stairs and to the room on the far left down the hall, was where I placed all the old Alphas clothes, so he can at least have something covering him.

I walked back down stairs and I see Ekon standing next to the stairs, and looking up towards me. I smiled and hurried down and gave him a tight hug. I went on my knees and pulled him closer to my chest and squeezed him so tight. When I felt his hands starting to loosen, that's when I do too.

"How are you?" I asked. I heard Valdus walking down the stairs but I didn't need to turn around.

"Good." He said. He forced a smile on his face and I was going to ask what's wrong, really, but he looked towards Valdus. Valdus walked towards my side and looked down at Ekon and didn't say anything. I pinched his side for him to greet himself but he still didn't. I sighed, "Ekon, this is my mate, Valdus. Valdus, this is Ekon." I looked up to Valdus and still see his hazel eyes staring hard at him with his arms crossed over his chest.

I don't like him.

"Hi." Ekon said. I held back the growl and the slap I wanted to throw to Valdus when Ekon spoke. Valdus only nodded and looked towards me with a raised eyebrow. "Listen Ekon. I'll catch up with you in a bit. You can go play again or you can go outside okay?"

"Okay." Quickly he turned around and ran towards the back yard and ran in the grass. I turned towards him and slapped his chest. "What the hell Valdus?!" I growled.

"What?"

"What do you mean what!? You know what."

"Okay, and? I don't like him. Just the vibe of him, don't like it. Messed up kid I can say, and I can say that because I know one because I was one." He winked and then walked towards the kitchen.

"Valdus!"

"Sure, he'll be your pup, but not mine. I'm just a figure in the back ground when raising him to the Alpha title."

"What the hell is wrong with you!" I said as I followed him. He turned around and leaned against the kitchen counter and crossed his ankles over each other with his arms doing the same across his chest.

"Aphrodite. I just have a bad feeling about the kid. I don't know if it's because you like him or just because I know he's going to be my replacement, I just don't like him. I don't have a reason for it but my wolf is telling me the same thing. I have a bad feeling about the kid. Like, yeah, I'll be there and all, but I won't like him. But don't you think I'll be like my father." He growled. "I'll take care of the kid."

I didn't know what to say. Nothing came to mind, but I was just mad. But I knew I couldn't be mad. I'm basically forcing him to take this pup and call him his. Call him his own blood. So I backed down. "I'm sorry." I said.

"That's shocking that you're sorry." He smirked.

I rolled my eyes, "so you rather have me yelling at you?" I said.

"Well no, but sometimes it turns me on, sometimes."'he winked as he pushed himself up and took two steps towards me and stared down at me while his hand cups around my right cheek.

"Yeah right, we're always arguing back and forth."

"Yeah, but it doesn't mean that I want to pin you on a wall and fûck you till you won't speak but only make you scream." He purred.

My heart skipped a beat and my mouth turned dried.  I placed my hand on his chest, "stop."

"It's true though." He said as he pressed his forehead against mine.