Chapter 7

"What the heck is Derek Gardener doing at PCA?" I say as Logan shuts my dorm room door. Everybody else is out celebrating the PCA's girls JV volleyball championship win, so me and Logan are alone.

"I don't know! He can't just come in the middle of the year like that!" Logan says.

"Umm… He kind of can… The 2nd quarter starts on Monday" I reply. It has been 2 months since I told Zoey and Lola the story about Derek and now he is back to haunt me.

Logan groans "I just wish that he could leave me alone. Did you know about this?"

"Umm NO! If I knew, I would have told you right away, Logan, and you- OH MY GOSH!" My eyes widen.

"Logan. Remember last week on the first hockey practice when Coach Tim told us that there is a junior transferring in this week that is going to be on Varsity with us?"

Logan's eyes widen and looks at me in shock. "Oh my gosh, Em," he says in amazement, "I just didn't know that it was going to be Derek."

"Umm, yeah, neither did I! Or anyone else!" I say, "But why are you so worried, Logan? You just have to act how you normally do. I mean, we both know that Derek is scared of you-"

"Yeah, I know, it's just that I haven't talked to the dude since the day of that incident. Sure, I have seen him around at the rink back home a few times and he has always avoided me and I have always avoided him. Emmie, what if he picks on me? What if he tells everyone about how I used to NOT be a jerk? He will totally ruin my reputation!"

Wow. Logan sounds really scared, which makes me EXTREMELY scared! I feel horrible that Logan has to go through this, but I know that he can do it.

"Logs, just act like you normally would around anyone. Again, you and I both know that Derek will avoid you, so you just gotta act like your cool, Logan self."

"Thanks Em," he says. He hugs me then continues, "Come on, let's go celebrate your volleyball championship win."

A/N: So I need some ideas on who I should have playing Derek. Anyone who has an idea on how they imagine what Derek looks like PLEASE COMMENT! I have a couple ideas, but I need a few more. Also, I am having trouble finding an Emma. Again, if anyone has any suggestions on what actoress should be Emma, PLEASE let me know! Thanks:)