Forgive me my love

LYDIA DEETZ AND FULLMETAL PANIC

Capítulo 7: Forgive me my love

Tessa's heart rate began to rise strongly when the ship's neural link accessed her memories from two years ago, memories that she suppressed for some reason.

"You looks bored, Captain Testarossa," Utis said to the short-haired young Tessa.

"I had to take this vacation so that no one could report this meeting with you," Tessa said in a cold voice, "it is very important that no one knows your true identity and that you work for me. Now all that's left is to vegetate like a retiree until all this vacation crap is over."

"Hey, that's bad," Utis said, "don't tell me you're that kind of person who's addicted to work."

"Is there anything else?"

"Of course, captain. I have an idea, let me be your guide in the city, I know my way around."

The young Tessa looked at the man coldly from head to toe as if evaluating him, but in the end she accepted.

Granulated scenes of a monochromatic color followed one another, this time sepia in color.

Tessa and Utis wandered quietly through various touristic and romantic parts of the beautiful city, dressed in warm clothes because they were in the middle of winter and the threat of a snowfall was omnipresent.

Utis spoke to Tessa using her rank, but new images this time in light fuchsia appeared and as the pleasant days passed, the captain's title was replaced by her surname Testarossa, and then her first name was used.

Tessa looked at the images absorbed, a friendship developed before her that little by little became a precious romantic relationship.

"I don't understand," said the current Tessa, "why didn't Utis tell me something about all this, I have to see it through to the end, there must be an explanation."

New blue images appeared, this time it was a discussion of the two friends in a luxurious hotel room, just before the end of the dream vacation.

"You've got to be kidding me! Utis shouted to her, as he ran his hand through his hair in a sign of exasperation.

"I'm serious, I'll even change my appearance. Just take a hair growth solution and I'll have it long by the time the TDD-1 is launched."

"That's not the change I'm talking about! You'll even change your brain wave pattern! That's the same as changing your personality."

"When you want something, it costs you something," said Tessa, who didn't even look at Utis, who was standing in front of her, as she took the opportunity to review some important papers. "Besides, I thought you liked my sweet side."

"You're cruel."

"I'm pragmatic, dear, according to these latest reports, all the mechas used in the TDD-1 will have technology provided by our enemy, it doesn't matter, I don't care about Mithril or his humanitarian mission, the only thing that interests me is knowing where my brother is."

"But by changing your personality, you will also suppress your memories, you will forget about me."

Tessa put the papers aside and lit a cigarette, looking at Utis with disgust.

"So this is the famous men's commitment, huh? You said you'd do whatever it takes for me."

Utis lunged at Tessa and held her thin neck in his hands, but far from intimidated, Tessa smiled mockingly.