Chapter 2

"Here is your room! Do you need help to settle down?" asks Lisa.

"Thank you but no it is fine" I answer.

The room is huge, I already know how I will decorate it. Seoul is a wonderful city, I can't wait to go to college.

In the evening, the front door unlocks. Lisa rushes to the entrance and jumps in the person's arms.

"Unnie!" she yells.

I approach them. The woman hugs Lisa back and then looks at me.

"Hello Ae Ri! Welcome to Seoul, my name is Chou Tzu Yu"

I greet her and bow. By her name, I know she is Chinese. I think she is the oldest roommate since Lisa called her "Unnie". I'm so tired and as I soon as I lay on my bed, I fall asleep. Tomorrow is my first day of college, I'm excited but nervous at the same time.

I wake up early to choose the prettiest outfit ever; a cute pink dress and platform shoes. Lisa, Tzu Yu and Yoona are still sleeping because it's only 7:30 AM. I leave a note on the table to say that I left early.

In the vast, crowded streets, I am lost and ask a woman if she knows where the Seoul University is located.

"Sorry I don't understand your accent" she answers, confused.

I blush and tries to find another person. My accent isn't that heavy! I've been practicing the Seoul Korean for six months now. Should I see a speech doctor? Everyone is walking so fast. I open Google Maps to avoid talking to people and make a fool of myself.

At the entrance of the university, there are a lot of students talking. I feel lonely, I don't know anybody and it makes me sad. I sure miss my hometown and my friends.

I finally find the class and sit at the last row. 

"Welcome young people, today you will discover the program of the year. Good luck" says the teacher.

I wonder if there are other Ahn's.

"Ahn Ae Ri" calls the professor.

"Here!" I answer, with my best Seoul accent.

The whole class looks at me, I blush and smile at them. They notice my light eyes from far and mention them. It's so embarrassing. 

A few minutes later, the name the teacher calls catches everyone's attention.

"Nancy McDonie"

It isn't an Korean name, which means the person is half Korean. A girl raises her hand, she has long wavy light brown hair from behind. It's so rare to see half Korean people, I am so lucky to be in her class.

"Oh, I just received a message from your teacher. You're in the wrong course. This is the technology class, not art McDonie" tells our instructor.

Nancy gets up and apologizes. Then she leaves the class in a hurry with her head down. I feel bad for her, it must not be easy to be mixed. People are very judging in Korea.

When the course ends, I pack my bag and leave the room. The teacher's so cool and we had a lot of fun during these two hours. I run into Yoona, she wasn't paying attention.

"Aeri!" she screams.

I smile. She tells me that she is so relieved to see me. I feel the same. We eat lunch together, I order a salad to stay skinny and Yoona orders a burger. She doesn't seem to care about her weight or general appearance. After all, she's a natural beauty.

"Um... c-can I seat here?" asks a high-pitched voice.

I turn my head and sees Nancy. She seems embarrassed and shy.

"Of course" I answer.

She smiles and sits next to me and starts eating her salad. Since she is mixed, she doesn't know Korean manners. It is not polite to eat without saying "mani deuseyo (enjoy your meal)". Yoona starts laughing.

"Oh my Gosh, I'm sorry... I've lived in America for my whole life. Sorry. Mani Deuseyo..." apologizes Nancy with red cheeks.

"It's fine, we know" I say.

We laugh together.

"My name is Im Yoona, and yours is?" asks my roommate.

"Nancy, Nancy McDonie. Nice to meet you"

They look at me.

"I'm Ahn Aeri" I say with a smile.

"Let's be friends! I cannot give you a hug since it's not polite in Korea, but I'll pretend we're in America!" screams Nancy.

The entire restaurant stare at her, she blushes and hides under the table. Yoona and I laugh, she's so funny!

An hour later, we leave the place and go shopping. The store Yoona wanted to visit is close to the SM Entertainment Studio, it reminds me of NCT and Winwin. I can't believe I talked to him, we were so close and I could almost...

"Are you okay Aeri? You're all red" asks Nancy.

I realize that I had my head in the clouds. Thinking about Winwin makes me feel happy, he's my favourite singer after all. I love him a lot. I'm sure he is nice, kind and sweet. 

"Uh... yeah!" I answer.

We enter the shop and it is about KPop. There is a large aisle for each group or singer.

"Heaven" says Yoona as she runs to the EXO aisle.

Nancy goes to the BTS one. I look for the NCT aisle. It is right next to GOT7. A tall man with a hood and a cap hiding his face is looking at NCT U posters. I also wanna buy posters, but I'm scared to approach him. As soon as our eyes meet, he leaves the aisle running. Weird...