Crescendo Part 2

One of the men opened my cell and rushed into the back where I was huddled in the corner, crying. The one who smelled of cigarette smoke and vodka grabbed me up by my neck and forced me to walk in front of him.

Their shoes were brown and tattered, their jeans colored a light denim and dirty from wear and tear. I focused on the details around me until suddenly a black cloth was placed over my head. It smelled like dirt and sweat, a little salty.

Probably from the tears of the girls who had been put underneath it so many times.

I found myself gagging on the smell, wanting to add a few more tears to the hood but refusing to cry. I wouldn't give my captors the satisfaction.

I was forced into a vehicle, probably a van of some sort. I heard sniffles and hiccups, and I realized that I was more than likely not the only girl who was being kidnapped in the vehicle. I just prayed that they wouldn't suffer as much as I knew I probably would.

The vehicle started up and I could smell the exhaust through the black bag. I could see filtered sunlight through the bag and I realized it was either still daytime the same day that I had been abducted or it was the day after. It was sad that I didn't even know what day it was.

I felt someone touch my hand and I stiffened, not wanting to piss off my captors who were definitely in the back watching us. The hand on mine didn't move, instead I felt a sharp object being pushed into it.

Either these girls who had been kidnapped before had come up with a plan to escape before me, or something else was at play here.

I turned the sharp object in my hand over and over again to see if I could find out what it was and I realized a second too late that it was a shim when it sliced into the skin of my inner palm, no doubt drawing blood.

I tried my hardest not to hiss out in pain, my heart beating wildly out of control because I wasn't exactly sure what I was supposed to do.

Did I reach up to cut the hood off and risk alerting my captors that I had a weapon, or did I stay still and silent, unmoving and wait for the plan?

I didn't even know what the plan was, the only thoughts running through my head were pain, numbness and fear.

I went to work cutting the ties around my wrist as quickly and as quietly as I could, not wanting to draw any unwanted attention to my frenzied actions.

As soon as the ties were cut, I realized that they were zip ties, I realized that it was a good thing that I didn't immediately go for the hood on my head.

We would have lost the sense of surprise.

"NOW!" I heard a female's voice shout out through the vehicle.

A collective battle cry rang out in the air and I quickly pulled off my hood to see what was happening and what I had to do and was met with a blood bath in front of me.

There were three men in the back with all of us, and there had to be at least eight girls being held captive along with me.

All of them had the same shim type of wrap on that I did and two girls were on each man, stabbing them repeatedly over and over again.

The driver heard what was happening behind him and the car screeched to a stop and I heard police sirens in the background.

I wanted to cry out in relief from the sound but then I realized that not every cop is a good cop. My biological father was living proof of that.

One of the men ended up getting away from the girls attached to him and lunged at the back door, closest to me. I had to make a choice.

I slammed the shim weapon down on his blood stained hand and he cried out in pain from the impact.