『Chapter 8』Sports Festival

She's mad but she's magic. There's no lie in her fire.

•••

Waiting Room 1-A

I was sitting next to Katsuki in a table were Denki, Sero, and Eijiro where. I was drinking water. The room was filled by chatter.

"Hey," I start talking to Katsuki, "If we go against each other, don't hold back ok?"

"Wasn't planning on it" He said with a grin.

Todoroki and Izuku declared war on each other and that made me realize that I could be fighting anyone. Even the guy who I take a liking to.

Soon after, it was time to walk out.

I was nervous.
I mean...what if I screw up?

 Pro Hero Midnight started talking, "And for the student pledge

Pro Hero Midnight started talking, "And for the student pledge. KATSUKI BAKUGO!"

Most of our classmates were already sure that he was gonna be his usual prideful and angry self.

Katsuki walked to the platform with a straight face. "I just wanna say, I'm gonna win."

I started laughing.

Everyone booed.

Bakugo came back, walking nonchalantly and stood next to me.

"Why did you have to say that?" I asked him with a smile.

"Just warning these idiots, and you too."

"Oh, we'll see about that."

•••

The first event was Obstacle Race.

We all line up and I lost sight of Katsuki a while ago.

3 Green lights were lit.
2 I took a deep breath. Collecting my thoughts and emotions.
1 I can run faster than most students so I can take the lead.
0 GO!.

Everyone started running. Some trotted. Others sprinted.
I moved swiftly. Just as I realized that the narrow walls were purposefully suppressing movement from the large crowd, ice sprouted from nowhere. It touched and froze everything in it's path.
Before the ice reached me, hot pink fire covered both my feet. Melting whatever touched me.
Almost everyone was stopped by the ice, so now I had space to run.
I do. I run, past the walls and onto the open part of the arena.

"I WONT LET YOU GET AWAY SO EASILY, YOU ICY HOT BASTARD!!" Katsuki yelled, propelling himself in the air with his quirk.

Along with Eijiro, Momo, Ojiro, Tokoyami, Mina, Mineta, Izuku, and other students—We were able to run past Todoroki's attack.