Chapter 28

Did he just ask me that?

Did he use to be a freaking member of One Direction?

He couldn't have just asked me if he could kiss me. Especially now of all times.

As I stood there thinking the same thing over and over again I realized Archer was staring at me.

He was waiting for an answer. So, I took a deep breath and gave him one.

"You do realize that the couple who make out in the scary movie always end up dead right?"

Archer let out a short laugh and a mischievous grin formed on his lips.

"So you consider us a couple after just one day, huh? Why Gemma, this is all... so sudden." He said dramatically.

I rolled my eyes at him.

"Did you really just ask me that?" I shook my head when Archer opened his mouth to answer. "Never mind don't answer that. Look, there's something you should probably know that..." I hesitated thinking about what I was just about to say and then decided against it.

I'd rather take it to my grave.

"Never mind."

Archer frowned at that. "Don't do that. I hate when people do that. What were you about to say?"

I shook my head and looked anywhere but at him. "Nothing."

"Gemma."

"Archer." I said, copying his tone but still not looking at him.

"What were you about to say?" He repeated but this time slower, like I had a hard time understanding him the first time.

I huffed in annoyance.

"Ihaven'tkissedanybodybefore." I mumbled quickly.

"What?"

I groaned in frustration.

"I said, I haven't kissed anybody before. There, are you happy now?"

There was no way I was going to look at him now.

I'd be turning nineteen next year if I survived this little shabang that is, and I still hadn't had my first kiss. I'd only had one boyfriend before and sure I had kissed him, but it was only a brief peck on the lips or cheek. He who shall not be named wanted to take it a lot further than what I was ready for and I ended up breaking up with him before things got too carried away between us.

Archer was probably rethinking the whole let me kiss you thing now. I couldn't say that I really blamed him either.

"Gemma look at me." Archer said.

I shook my head. "Why so you can laugh in my face? No thanks."

"I'd never laugh at you...well I probably would, but not about this."

I couldn't help the small smile that formed on my lips.

"Can't you take anything seriously?" I asked, finally gaining the courage to look at him. "We're literally knocking on death's door here."

Archer smirked and shrugged.

"Sure I can, when the situation calls for it."

"And this situation doesn't call for it?" I asked.

Archer pretended to be in deep thought for a few seconds before shaking his head.

"No, I can't say that it does."

"You're impossible." I said through a small nervous laugh.

"Quit trying to change the subject. So, you've never kissed anyone at all? Boy? Girl? Dog? Pillow?"