Chapter 31

I stared down at Dox's motionless body, expecting him to pop back up at any minute and yell "Surprise! I'm not really dead, now prepare to die!" Because that's how bad our luck was, but nothing happened.

I looked at Archer who was also looking at Dox with an apprehensive look on his face.

I had the urge to nudge his body with my foot to see if he moved at all but decided against it.

"So this is it right?" I asked. "He's dead. We can leave now."

"I hope you weren't planning on leaving without me."

I jumped at the sound of the new voice and looked past Archer to see Dylan standing there with his arms crossed.

It was kind of odd seeing him standing there like that. He was still covered in blood and looked like he had just woken up from a nap with death.

Archer practically spoke my thoughts out loud when he suddenly said, "What the hell are you doing up? You're suppose to be over there dying." Realizing how that sounded he quickly added, "Not that I want you dead or anything."

Dylan shook his head. "Why am I having a hard time believing that?"

Archer shrugged.

"How are you even up and walking? The last time we saw you, you couldn't even stand up on your own." I questioned.

"It's called good acting." Dylan stated simply.

"So why didn't you help me take out Thing One and Thing Two?!" Archer demanded, wildly gesturing to his right.

It was only then that I noticed two other bodies laying on the ground where Dylan had once been sitting.

Jason and Ski Mask.

I glanced back from the bodies to Archer.

"Y-you killed them too?" I asked quietly.

Archer studied my face intently for a while before he nodded once.

I swallowed the lump in my throat before nodding myself.

I guess that had been apart of my plan. While I distracted Dox, Archer grabbed a piece of glass from the broken window of the subway car and snuck around the other side. While Dox was busy giving his celebratory "I've beat you" speech, Archer took care of Jason and Ski Mask. Knowing that he had the glass I guess I really hadn't expected him to just go up and prick their fingers but it was still hard to swallow.

Then another thought popped into my head.

"Archer?"

"Yeah?"

"Where's Rose?"

Archer gave me a sheepish grin and took a few steps back. Sitting a few feet behind us was Rose with some type of black cloth stuffed into her mouth and handcuffs on her wrists.

"Really Archer? You handcuffed and gagged her? She's six." I said shaking my head.

"She's a conniving six year old though, and plus she tried to bite me." He added while rubbing his right hand. "I had to gag her."

I sighed and walked over to her. I leaned down and carefully removed the gag and almost instantly she started screaming.

I jumped back and covered my ears.

She screamed like a banshee.

I hurried forward and quickly placed the cloth back in her mouth.

"Archer really? She's six." I heard Archer's voice as he mocked me.

I shot him a look.

"Anyway, how did you manage to take care of those two," I gestured to both motionless bodies. "And Rose without getting caught?"

"I'm part ninja." Archer said with a serious face.

I just shook my head.

"Can we get out of here now?" Dylan asked.

"What about everybody else? They're still wandering around in the tunnels." I pointed out.

"Oooh no. We're getting the hell out of here and letting the police do their jobs. Let's go." Archer started pushing me towards the set of old steps that should've led up and out of the subway station.

"Aren't you forgetting something?" Dylan called out.

Archer stopped and turned around.

Dylan pointed to Rose.

Archer grimaced. "You grab her. She obviously doesn't like me, and I don't know why because everybody likes me."

"I don't." Dylan said.

"I said everybody likes me." Archer repeated.

"Yeah, and I said I don't."

"Exactly, because you're a nobody. Now grab the little pink beast and let's go."

Archer started pushing me towards the steps again as Dylan grunted and picked up a kicking Rose and threw her over his shoulder.

Together we manged to make it up the stairs using the light of Archer's cellphone.

When we made it to the top of the stairs we came across what felt like the hundredth problem of the day.

The exit was boarded up.