Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

“Sunny…” He groaned. His eyes fluttered open.

    “Sunny.” He repeated, and began sitting up.

    “No-no, sit back down, you must rest.” Instructed a calm voice, gently pushing Jeda back down.

    His eyes focused, and he recognised Aidenne, the nurse, bending over and applying something wet to his head.

    “What happened?” He slurred.

    “You have been through quite a turmoil, that's for sure. When you came in here you were barely recognisable under all the dust, and you looked dead. Thank All Highs of Underhowl that you weren’t. Sihren brought you to me a few hours ago.”

    “W-wait… what about Sunny? Is she alright?”

    “She is absolutely fine. In a state of shock, I believe, her brother is with her now.” She assured.

    “Where is she?”

    The Hospital was empty, except for Jeda.

    “She’s in her bedroom, with a blanket and some hot water. She’ll come out when she’s ready to come out I suppose… although, everyone says that you were the one that saved her. All the Warriors-”

    The door slid open. Jeda, expecting Buster, was shocked to see who stood there.

    Sihren looked livid. In three great bounds she crossed the floor and bent over Jeda.

    “How dare  you?!” She spat. Jeda had never heard her speak before, and she looked more beautiful than ever when angry. She sounded very young.

    “You mimicked the Leader Pass noises in order to get the Warriors to do as you say? You have no idea how powerful that magic is- it is stronger than what you can believe!”

    “Sihren, please don’t stress out the patients.” Aidenne pleaded.

    “I don’t care! He is a disgrace to Underhowl, I don’t see how Fabio and Corrine-”

    “Sihren. You did not listen to me- I told you not to come here.”

    Fabio marched through the doorway, Corrine behind him, followed by two guards. His angry mood lightened when he looked at Jeda.

    “Jeda, how are you?”

    “Fine, thanks.” He replied, smiling weakly. He hadn’t spoken to Fabio much, but he was glad he wasn’t angry at him.

    “We have come to thank you for saving Sunny. If it weren’t for you she would most certainly be dead by now. You put your own life at risk to save her, which exceeds true braveness.” Corrine said, smiling.

    Jeda heard Sihren growl under her breath.

    “We have both decided that it would be fit that you are guaranteed a place as a Warrior.” Fabio revealed.

    Jeda’s eyes widened in shock. He was even happier than when he had heard that he was in Warrior Training. He said nothing, with his mouth opening and closing like a fish out of water.

    “But remember, you will only be a Warrior after you complete your training.”

    Jeda still didn’t know how to say thank you. It was as though he had forgotten how to talk.

    “We cannot thank you enough.” Corrine continued.  “You have not only saved dear Sunny, but you have saved all the Warriors. If you had not saved them then we would have nobody to protect Fierce Coven from the Pure’s, whenever they do come. We are in your gratitude.” Corrine bowed her head to him.