5

"Okay, one last." Wong adjusted in his chair as Hazel sighed softly, burying her face in the books, groaning. It's been about 3 days ever since Wong stated to teach her how to read Sanskrit, and she's been advancing well.

"The eye of Agamotto is a powerful relic created by Agamotto. It has been passed down the long line of Sorcerers Supreme that followed him. The eye has the ability to manipulate or control the flow of time- wait- really?" Hazel breathed in disbelief "you mean the one Strange uses sometimes that's around his neck?"

"Yes." He nodded "that one. And you've advanced very well, kid"

"Does he hate me?" She suddenly inquired, playing with the page of her book "he's always meaner to me than he is to other students (no offence)"

"No, he doesn't" Wong closed the book and leaned in, his shoulder supporting him "he just sees potential in you. You're the youngest sorcerer the monastery's seen, you know? He's just trying to treat you like an adult"

"Were all of you like that to him when he started?"

"No" he laughed "He was always such a headache, we'd just leave him be. He'd steal from the libraries, call us names, he even insisted on teaching himself"

"Oh" She hummed "But he ended up being...him, so I guess it worked, huh?"

"Yes. He ended up being the Sorcerer Supreme." Wong nodded "you should start to rest now, because combat starts tomorrow. Strange is training you, so you better sleep well."

* * * *

"I'm here!" Hazel yelled from the distance as Strange stood up from sitting down on the crate of weapons "sorry."

"Hazel." He acknowledged, bobbing his head "I'd stretch if I were you, this is gonna be quite the workout."

"Okay" she nodded furiously and started to stretch her limbs. She immediately stopped when he brought out his hands and reached for her.

"You're wearing it wrong..." he muttered as he fixed her robe up, tying the rope around her waist and fixing her fingerless gloves "y-you should get one for yourself. These are too big and long for you."

"Okay" she muttered, embarrassed "thank you" she smiled politely. Strange's lips slowly curled up into a small smile, making him clear his throat.

They were at training grounds; Hazel thought it looked funny because it was really empty. The only there, really, was a wall of weapons. Furthermore, she's never fought anyone before. Sure, she's had a few boxing classes here and there, but never like this; the whole idea seemed nerve racking.

"Get your weapon ready" he picked up the staff of the living tribunal and opened it up. Hazel immediately summoned gold strings in intricate patterns in her hands. Strange suddenly pulled his hand back and struck her, the staff hitting her arm causing her to fall down.

Hazel stood up, rubbing her arm. She wrapped the lines along his legs and gave it a big pull, making him fall. Strange aimed for her face, making her block him out, but got kicked at the stomach and fell on her butt.

"That was bad" he shrugged as he held out his hand which she took "you can do better"

She frowned at his comment, but either way, took his hand, got herself back up and ready to fight him.
The two brawled for minutes straight, Strange pointing out all of her weaknesses and fault areas.
"One day, your life will depend on it, so fight well." He panted, running the staff under her legs, making her fall once again "you're weak. You better work on your strength."

She shot up almost instantly kicking him behind the knees and wrapping the golden rope around his leg, which she gritted her teeth to pull hard.

"I'm telling you" he huffed "work on your defence because you're too weak to carry me right now!"

"Fine" she sighed and sat down on the floor, her arms supporting her as she panted for air. Strange stood up, dusting himself off.

"Stand up." He commanded. Hazel pouted and did as she was told, but this time changed her weapon to the shields of mandala "that's more like it."

He lunged forward, as she covered her face with the shield, trying to block every hit he made. There were a few hits on her here and there, sending a hot flashing feeling to the area

"You're tired?" He asked as he struck her once again, sweat dripping from her forehead as she nodded "You're gonna give up? You're gonna let the enemy win?" He pressed hard against her as he cornered her, the shield getting in the way

"No!" She hissed through gritted teeth and gave him one big push, a strange feeling took over her; her body felt energised and her mind was motivated. She repeatedly struck his face with her fists and elbows, until he had the strength to kick her off.

The two were on the ground, gulping for air, exhausted. Strange's face was bleeding a little bit, right on his right side, while Hazel's face was dripping with sweat, her fists sore from punching his sharp structured face.

"Sorry.." she muttered, shyly helping him up. Strange glared at her hand, but slowly accepted her aid anyways.

"Don't apologise" he shook his head "it's training. It's supposed to be that way. Starting tomorrow, you're gonna fight with relics."

"Okay" she nodded slowly, a little bit bummed that she had to think about fighting again, but that was her new life now. She pouted at the thought; it was like she was stuck there forever.

"We're doing it again, now." He motioned for her to stand up after she sat down on the floor and rested her head on her shoulder

Hazel's head was heavy, and her stomach started to turn. She was nauseous and tired, and she knew he knew that; he was a doctor.

"Come on, I don't have all day" he coached, a little bit guilty for going so hard on her, but he knew that he couldn't treat her like a baby.

He charged forward immediately, not even letting her plant herself on the floor and attacked her, almost catching her off guard.