43

"One last time." She said to herself as she slowly made the staff appear.

Her eyes glowed green and her hair floating. Hazel levitated in the air, the energy gathering the higher she got to the sky. Stephen looked up at the sky, noticing a green hue and smiled to himself.

"Agamotto, father of the time, I summon thee in this realm, from a sorcerer to one!," Hazel yelled.

Soon, a green, translucent figure appeared behind her. It was the head of a huge man, long float hair and beard, mighty and beastly. It looked like some kind of statue of a Greek god.

Hazel withdrew her hands and made gestures, making a huge green beam of light shoot at the enemies, hundreds burning before her.
Disks of green shields shot at the enemies, slicing Thanos' face and making him growl.

"The stone!" Carol yelled and Hazel was knocked back to her senses. She immediately placed it back in the gauntlet and the woman flew away.

"Show off." Stephen smirked as she returned beside him.
Hazel brought her arms out and cracked her neck.
"Wasn't bad for the last time,"

"So you've found new friends now?," he hummed and raised a brow at her.

"It appears I have," She replied and continued holding the wave back.

"Does this mean I've just gotten replaced?," he asked in a joking tone, but meant it.

"Please," she scoffed at him "you're family."
Stephen's face grew soft and his heart filled with warmth. He opened his mouth to speak, but was interrupted when the waves started to crash violently.

The two focused harder on the water, Hazel biting her cheek as sweat dripped down her face. The sounds of the avengers fighting behind her meant he was so close, she could tear his head off right that second.
Stephen turned to his right and gave Tony a look, and held one finger up. Tony returned the look in his eyes and leapt for him.

Slowly, the water started to calm down and be still. The girl looked around to see the aliens turning into ash.
"I gotta see this." She almost laughed at the sight of Thanos who sat himself down. His hand slowly started to turn into ash, making an idea pop into her head.

Hazel eyed the man intensely, his disintegration seemingly slower than the rest significantly. Stephen realized what she was doing and smirked.

"You're evil." He chuckled. Hazel gave a laugh and let the man dissolve into thin air.

A huge wave punched her in the face: they did it. They saved the universe and she got Stephen back.

"We did it." She breathed out in disbelief, a smile growing on her face. "I-I can't believe this!,"

"You better." Stephen's lips curled up and he finally put his hands down. He took the girl in her arms, pulling her body up slightly in excitement. "I knew you could do it."

"And I knew you were behind this," she replied as she pulled away from the hug. "I trust you,"

"I know." He nodded and shrugged. "So. Back to protecting reality?,"

"You bet."