Chapter 3

liked by 418 people

liked by 418 people.

taylorfuller: Hello LA!!!! (Guess I should probably get furniture for my apartment now)

no comments. 

After Zane left my apartment, I looked at the time to see that it was already 8 o'clock. I decide now is a good time to head to Ikea and get some furniture, seeing as how I don't really have a place to sleep tonight.

I quickly run downstairs to grab an uber and head to Ikea. On my way, I look at the hustle of people on the streets, and the people heading out of shops. It's so different than my hometown just outside of Dallas, which is what I needed.

My hometown life was always great. Great loving family, a large group of high school friends and constantly busy with extracurriculars. However, after living there for 20 years, I knew moving away was necessary.

My hometown is a ticking trap. If you don't get out right out of high school, you're not going to get out. I knew I didn't want to get stuck there for the rest of my life, hanging out with the same people, doing the same thing, so I decided to head out on my own.

I had no idea where I wanted to go at first, and my parents weren't too keen on the idea of me moving, but I had enough money I saved up from my job at Panera Bread throughout high school to live the life that I wanted in a city far away.

I snapped out of my thoughts as we pulled up to Ikea, and I quickly thanked the uber driver.

At the time, Ikea wasn't overly crowded which was such a relief. I really just wanted to grab my furniture and get home to set at least my bed up.

I found a couch first, and from there I was able to find the rest of my furniture just before close. As I wait to check out, I realize all this furniture isn't going to fit in an Uber. I start to contemplate what to do, and decide to text Zane and see if he has a truck or anything to help.

Taylor: Hey Zane I'm so sorry to bother you at this time. Do you happen to have a truck? I'm at Ikea with loads of furniture and didn't think about how to get it home :) if you're busy I totally understand!

Zane: Girl you're totally fine!! I don't have a truck but my roommate Heath does! We're on our way now :)

Heath? Like the candy bar?