Little Spider

-Peter's P.O.V-

"Then you keep just overlapping like so," Natasha instructed. She then ran her fingers through Wanda's hair, thoroughly waving out the braid. "Your turn."

Peter scooted up behind Wanda, and took Natasha's place. He hesitated a bit, comb hovering over Wanda's red hair, "If I accidently... hurt you... just say so?"

Wanda smiled, "Don't worry, Peter. It's supposed to pull a little bit. I'll let you know if you pull to much, though, if it makes you feel better."

Peter nodded, and started to slowly run the brush through any knots that were made while Natasha was demonstrating to Peter on how to braid. While he was splitting up Wanda's hair, Bucky came over. "Music, Peter. That's what we should introduce you to next."

"But you guys are already teaching me how to braid hair," Peter pointed out.

"Multitasking," James deadpanned. "FRIDAY, play OK Computer by Radiohead." Peter stilled as music flooded the room. Loud enough for Peter to hear it and remember it was there, but quiet enough for him to still be able to hear everything else in the room.

"The braid is too loose. You need to make it tighter," Natasha taught.

Peter unwound the braid and started again, "Why do I need to learn this again?"

"It's just something you learn just because," Wanda explained, "For fun. Like an instrument, or drawing. It can really just be anything, as long as you enjoy it. Like a hobby."

Peter hummed in response, trying to wrap his head around the fact someone could learn something 'just for fun'. Why would you learn something if you weren't going to need it? "So braiding, and music. It's just for fun?"

James nodded, "Just for fun. Like... remember the stories we used to make up?" Peter nodded and James continued, "Those were for fun."

"Oh..." Peter awed in understanding. So it was just to pass the time, and bring you a smile. That made sense. "I understand now. What do you guys do for fun?"

"Tony, that's Iron Man, he got me a guitar my first Christmas here. I've learned how to play it," Wanda answered.

"Ballet, but if you see me, don't mention anything," Natasha answered, passing Peter the hair band, "That's good."

"Running," Bucky answered, "Or maybe some mechanics, but I don't do that as much as I used to back in the day."

"Old man joke," Natasha joked, "FRIDAY, add a tick under Bucky."

"Done, Miss Romanoff," FRIDAY reported.

Peter smiled, "What do you think I can do?"

"Not sure, but we'll find something," James assured.

Natasha stood up, "We're out of drinks. Want to help me, Маленький паук?"

Peter nodded, and smiled slightly at the affectionate name. Little Spider. He got off the bed, and followed Natasha to the kitchen. He stopped at the end of the hallway that led to the open space where he guessed everyone normally hung out, when he saw someone already there. Natasha looked back at him, "It's alright," She said in Russian, "He is friendly. Clint Barton- Hawkeye."

Peter nodded, and walked into the open space. By some stroke of luck, there was no one else there, and Peter found himself lucky for that. He sat down at the counter (he didn't really know where anything was, so he would just wait until Natasha handed him things) and warily watched the man, Clint Barton, make a sandwich. "Want one?" He asked. Peter shook his head quickly slightly, he wasn't that hungry right now anyways.

Clint shrugged, and sat down on the barstool next to Peter. "Want anything to drink, Маленький паук? I'm making a sandwich for Wanda," Natasha offered.

"Water?" He asked. Natasha nodded and slid a bottle across the counter.

"So why is there another tick under Bucky?" Clint asked. "What was the joke this time?"

Natasha gestured for Peter to tell him. The others had discussed slowly getting Peter more comfortable in talking to everyone, and he guessed that this was Natasha's way. Peter licked his lips nervously, "He- he did a 'back in the day' thing...?"

Clint snorted, "Of course he did. How've you been, Kid? Everything cool?"

Peter then realized that he's never actually seen or talked to the archer since he'd gotten there. He simply nodded, "Yes, I've been good."

Clint smiled, "That's good. Ever heard of video games?" When Peter shook his head, Clint let out an affronted gasp, "We have to teach you."

"We?" Peter asked as he tilted his head.

"Sam and I. That's the Falcon," Clint explained.

"No, it's Tuesday. You can teach him tomorrow," Natasha defended. She then passed a pile of drinks to Peter, and held a few other drinks, and the sandwich for Wanda. She nodded at Clint, and motioned for Peter to follow her back to the room. "Was that okay? Him being there, and you talking to him?" She asked.

Peter nodded, "It's fine. I know you're trying to help. I also know you made sure it was just him out there, before we went out. You wouldn't have offered for me to go otherwise." Peter knew he was correct when Natasha didn't say anything, and just smirked at him.

-Tony's P.O.V-

Tony pulled his finger away sharply as he burned himself. He waved away Bruce's concerned look, and went back to work. "What are you even working on?" His lab mate asked.

"Lenses," Tony answered, "I was looking at the webs, but I decided waiting on those after they shot in my face." Tony glared at Bruce when he snorted. "Not funny. Took me an hour to get those things out of my hair."

"Why are you working on contact lenses?" Bruce asked, as he walked over to Tony.

Tony sighed, and sat up to look at Bruce while they talked. Running his hand down his face, Tony said, "We all read his file. He has super senses. When he goes outside, the light is going to be horrible. I was talking to Pepper about it and she recommended me making him something to help with it."

"You told Pepper?" Bruce asked with a raised eyebrow.

"She asked," Tony answered, raising his hand up in the universal sign for surrender.

"And you decided you were going to do what she said?" Bruce deadpanned.

"What she recommended, Bruce, there's a difference. Besides," Tony said with a wave of his hands, "I'm thinking it can be a- a peace treaty of some sort. Don't know."

Truthfully, Tony thought of making the something as soon as he read the file. He had run the idea by Pepper, who had given the idea for glasses. So, technically, Tony was telling the truth. He also felt a little bad for the kid. Being raised by HYDRA because your parents were anti-mutant assholes? Not a pleasant childhood. It was a good thing Barnes had even been with the kid, however shot the time period was. Tony didn't want to think of what would have happened if Peter was at the place alone for ten years.

Bruce looked at him skeptically, and Tony knew Bruce could see right through him. "Alright," he said, "What about the hearing?"

"I heard from Clint that Natasha, Barnes, and Wanda were introducing him to music. When I give him that phone, I'll download some songs on there, and give him some earbuds," Tony explained as he looked back at the lenses. It was actually pretty simple, but Tony's mind was all over. He hadn't gotten much sleep in the past few days either. Mostly running off of caffeine, and going to bed when Pepper dragged him.

Bruce nodded, and clapped him on the back, "Let me know if you need anything."

"Always, Brucie-Bear," Tony replied. He turned back to his project. Maybe he should get another cup of coffee. 

AN: Thank you for reading everyone! Comment, leave a kudo, and all of that fun stuff. Until next time!