Chapter 9

On the car ride back home, Luna couldn't get rid of the question that kept pestering her: "Do I have a thing for Grayson?"

She had no answer.

"Welcome back Lu," Maria said opening the door for Luna.

"Hi Nana." She gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"How was your day out?"

"I had a lovely time with Naia. We were able to catch each other up on our lives." 'As if anything too interesting is happening in my life', Luna thought sarcastically. "I'm going to go change and go on a walk."

"Okay dearie. I'll have dinner ready for you by the time you get back."

"Thanks Nana." Luna walked upstairs to change. A couple minutes later, Luna came down the stairs in a loose gray t-shirt and black yoga tight pants with mesh down the side of both legs. At the door, she put on her gray tennis shoes and went out the door.

As Luna walked out towards the big black gate, Sean was right behind her. She stopped and turned around. "Sean. You don't have to follow me. I'll just be around the house's gate."

"Miss, we've been over this. Your parents instructed me to always be close by on the outside. I'm just following my orders."

Luna sighed. She knew she wasn't going to get rid of Sean; she has tried many times before, but Sean is always around her where ever she was outside the home. Luna turned around towards the gate and continued walking out.

She made her way out the gate and turned right. Luna began walking in a steady pace alongside the gate around her house. She could hear Sean's footsteps close behind her. Luna always felt safe knowing that Sean is there to help her if an unpleasant situation were to occur, but it has been like that since her almost accident two years ago and she wanted her privacy back.

------------------------------------------------------

-FLASHBACK-

It was Angel's wedding day and Luna had made a trip back to the house to pick up the bride's necklace that was left laying on her vanity. That was a job a helper could have done, but because Luna was the bridesmaid, she wanted to be the one to fetch it so nothing could go wrong.

Luna grabbed the necklace and went back out to the car to drive back to the wedding hall. When she reached the wedding hall, she parked the car and got out. She was feeling nervous, not wanting to be late and so she was unaware of her surroundings. As Luna was about to lock her car as she stood by it, she was grabbed from behind. She screamed from shock. Thankfully, Sean was at the scene and pried the assailant away from Luna before he could do anything.

The man knew that Luna was carrying a five-hundred-thousand-dollar diamond necklace in her bag and had the intent to take it from her with any means necessary. Sean was sent outside by Mrs. Rose to wait for Luna; therefore, he was able to prevent the attack from escalating into something more dangerous.

Luna's parents were immediately informed of the incident, but Luna insisted she was okay and did not want Angel to find out. If Angel knew what had happened, she would have felt terrible and the ceremony wouldn't have happened. 

The wedding went on perfectly.

Since then, Luna's parents, ordered to have Sean post by Luna where ever she was when she was outside the house to protect her. At first, Luna felt safe with the presence, but as the months went by, she wanted Sean to stop following her, but her mother insisted that Sean continue and so he did.

------------------------------------------------------

Luna looped around the house and when she neared the front gate, she couldn't hear Sean's footsteps behind her anymore. She immediately became alert and her heart started beating faster. 'Where is Sean?' She began walking faster towards the entrance of the gate. All of a sudden she heard footsteps again from behind her. The steps went from slow and steady to a sudden sprint. Luna panicked and started running to the gate.

She saw the gate getting closer and closer until a hand caught her shoulder. Her reflexes made her spin around towards the person while swinging her arms over the head to disconnect the grasp. Her eyes were closed the entire time.

"Woah!" It wasn't Sean's voice. Her right foot ready was up and back, ready to kick the person in the shin so she could escape. She opened her eyes and gasped. "It's just me!"

"Grayson!" Luna shouted. She was relieved to see a familiar face. "What are you doing here?"

"Luna!" Sean came running up to her and Grayson. Sean immediately shoved Grayson away from Luna and got in between them. He turned to Luna to ask if she was okay.

"I'm fine. I was just startled. Where were you?"

"I know how you want the space so I stayed further behind. I wasn't expecting someone to appear from nowhere."

"Hey," Grayson said. "I didn't appear from nowhere. I was at the side of the house."

Sean turned around to face Grayson. "You shouldn't be here. What is your purpose for intruding on the Rose's property?" Sean sounded very threatening.

"Sean," Luna grabbed his arm. "It's okay. I'm fine."

Grayson watched as Sean turned around to comfort Luna. His dark eyes seemed to darken even more as his face turned into a little scowl.

------------------------------------------------------

***Hi readers! Thank you so much for sticking with the story. I am so grateful to have you to share my stories with. 

Feel free to comment and vote it that's what you'd like to do. I appreciate all the reads and votes from each and every one of you! Thank you and I will see you in the next chapter!

I would also like to mention that I have another story out in the works. The title is "At First Sight". I hope you check it out and let me know what you think about it!***