Chapter 26

***Hello! I apologize for the weeks of being away from here. I was on vacation and am finally back with another chapter! Thank you for the patience and I hope you continue to enjoy my story till the end.***

------------------------------------------------------

'I am beautiful.'

Luna realized that she was the person keeping herself from seeing her beauty and her worth. The beauty standards in society had been so strongly engraved into her mind at such a young age that she couldn't see past it. Because she didn't fit into the standards of what was being shoved into her face every single day, Luna didn't believe that she was beautiful; therefore, she didn't think anyone would love her unless she changed her physical appearance. She understands now that she should love herself first and things will fall into place.

That night after the kiss, Luna and Grayson agreed to not make any promises. They agreed to continue with their daily lives with no strings. When Luna returns from abroad, they will reevaluate their feelings and continue from there. The agreement was bittersweet for Luna, but she didn't want to ask Grayson to wait for her. It wasn't fair for either of them. Feelings change and Luna was well aware of that. She knew that the decision they made was for the best.

Luna was greeted at the airport by a representative of the UCCS who took her to the UCCS headquarters of Brazil in Sao Paolo. The representative assisted Luna with settling into her new environment. After the first month, Luna was starting to feel like she knew what she was doing.

Every morning at 5AM, Luna woke up to get herself ready for the day. She had to be at the Children's Center by 6:30AM to assist with opening up the center. She spent everyday from 7AM to 5PM with the children at the center. After the center closed, Luna helped around the center grounds, picking up trash, tending to the lawn and gardens, and prepared for the next day. There were some days when several children wouldn't stop crying so Luna would spend the nights with them at the center homes.

That was how Luna spent her four months helping the children of Brazil. As the last couple days in Brazil were nearing, Luna began experiencing feelings of sadness. She didn't want to leave. She has grown to love each and every child she had come in contact with the past couple of months while at the UCCS.

The final day inevitably arrived. Luna had packed all her belongings and was ready to leave, but she wanted to say goodbye to the children, men and women she had worked with for the past months. She left her luggage and backpack outside her front door while she went to say her final goodbyes.

Luna came back to pick up her luggage with red eyes. She looked at her front door and her luggage and backpack was nowhere to be seen. She looked around and noticed a black car parked at the side of the building. The front door opened and out stepped Sean.

"Sean!" Luna was overjoyed to see a familiar face. She quickly ran over to the car and jumped onto Sean with a hug.

"I'm happy to see you too, Miss." Luna loosened her grip and let go.

"What are you doing here?"

"Your parents wanted me to bring you home safely." He opened the passenger door for Luna. "And don't worry, your bags are in the back." He chuckled.