CHAPTER 21

"I hate this game," I said while leaning my head on my hand. 

Sozin chuckles, "That's just because you suck."

"No! You just cheat!"  I argue back, "I would've won already if you didn't suddenly change the rules."

Sozin laughs, "I didn't change the rules! You just never knew all of them and I just informed you of the ones you didn't know."

I stared at him unconvinced, "You only began to inform me when you started to win!"

Sozin moves his piece and says, "Check mate."

I groan in annoyance, "I don't want to play anymore."

He snickers, "That's okay. I've already won anyways." Sozin said with a smug look on his face. 

I felt my wolf surge forward in a challenge, "I wanna play again." I said with my evil eyes. 

"I don't want to embarrass you again, Lil." He said cheekily. 

I smile politely, "I am about to destroy you in this game."

"You know Lily," Donny said from the couch, "I think it's time for you to accept that you just suck at it."

I glare at his head, "You're not the one playing this game, Donny so stay out of it!"

Donny raises his hands, "Just stating facts, little girl."

"If I throw a bone, will you chase it and go away?" I growled.

His head whips around and he scowls. "I am not a dog! I am a Wolf! And so are you!"

I roll my eyes, "Don't get your balls in a twist, Donny!"

'Will you both please shut up!" Sozin growls, "I am too sober to be winning at this game and listening to you two bickering."

"She's the troublemaker!" Donny exclaims pointing at me while standing up on the couch.

"We're not five anymore, Donny. And get down from the couch...dogs sit on the floor." I said through laughing.

Donny's eyes bung out of his head, "You're a bloody dog too!"

"Shut up!" Sozin shouts.

Donny glares at me and to it back. He mouthed to me, 'you're going to get it!'

I shook my head, and mouth, 'try me.'

 I stood up from the chair and went to the window. The moon was still shining to my convenience. I felt my legs become fidgety. I couldn't exactly go out for a run anymore because of what happened last time. 

"I'm gonna go for a little big of a wonder around the castle."

"Okay," Donny said while gaming on his Xbox. 

"Be careful still." Sozin said, "You're a target now so just be aware."

I smiled and nodded my head.

I walked out of the drawing room, leaving the boys doing whatever they were gonna do. My mind were drawn to the memories of last night. Last night, Zeus had not gotten angry at the fact I was literally going through his personal things. He has gotten more kind towards me...not as cold. And though I didn't want to admit it...I liked it. 

I turned a corner and kept walking down this random hall. My eyes admired the small details designs and accent on the walls and ceilings. It held a lot of history. A history that I felt somehow connected to. Maybe it's because I'm Zeus's mate? And he's as ancient as ever.

"With NIkolai out for you, you shouldn't be wondering these halls alone." Speak of the devil.

I turned around and saw Zeus standing there with his hands behind his back. He's always randomly appearing when I'm alone.