CHAPTER 43

I came out of the shower feeling clean and fresh. I put some moisturiser on my face and body before changing. Zeus was no where in sight. I wanted to go find him to see if he was okay, but I don't think he needs me right now. 

As much as I want to see him and talk to him, I think he needs to be on his own for a bit, let his mind mull over things. 

So for the time being, I put on some leggings and a jumper, leaving my wet hair down to air dry. I went down to the kitchen to find something to eat. Three hours of working out and fighting can make a person pretty hungry. 

I opened the door and to my surprised found my cousins sitting at the counter. They all turned their heads and smiled. 

"Haven't seen you around a while, little cousin." Xavier said. 

"Yeah well kinda busy preparing for a war." I said with a raised brow.

Kieth shakes his head, "What else is new? I feel like we've grown up in it."

I grabbed a bowel of cereal because I can't be bother making anything else and sit with my family at the counter. Family? It's been a while since I've thought of all of them. 

"Yeah, I think we're all pretty familiar with the concept of war." I said before taking a bite. 

"Do you think it will ever end? Will our family ever find true peace?" Milo said frowning with his jaw tensed. 

"Yeah when we're dead." Kieth joked. 

Xavier shakes his head, "Shut up, Kieth." Xavier was very sensitive towards Milo. He always was ever since we were kids. We all knew the trauma that Milo went through in his early childhood. And even though he was a really happy child when he came to the pack...he had developed some issues as any normal person would with that background. 

Milo was still very strong. But he can still be slightly timid at times and sensitive. He suffers with pretty bad anxiety. Xavier had always been there for him though. He protected Milo a lot. Kieth was a mindless jackass at times, but he still cared. He can be insensitive, but he always had Milo's back in his own way. 

"I feel like we always go through challenges our whole Milo," Xavier said, "We will always have something to disrupt our peace. But that is why it is our job to protect it. We fight for our peace and our families. But at the end...we will. I have no doubt so you shouldn't either."

Milo nods his head silently. 

We sat at the counter in silence...the silence that comes before a storm. I took a deep breathe, "Things are going to change again." I said. 

"I think we should be preparing ourselves emotionally and mentally for this." Kieth said seriously. 

I frowned, "What?"

"With war comes death," Kieth. 

Milo rolls his head, "Kieth this isn't the best time. Why can't we just not think about it?"

"Because," Kieth said, "It never is the best time. I feel like because we have gone through so many wars in our life and we come out the other end with no loss...we have this mentality that we're almost invincible, that nothing could touch us."

"You're saying we shouldn't think like that." Xavier stated. 

"Yeah," Kieth continued, "I'm not saying it's going to happen, but we should prepare for one of us or anybody else we love, to die."

"Kieth!" I exclaimed. 

"It's the reality, Lily! There is no war without death! We are no more invincible than the ordinary wolf in our armies. We are just like them! And we might die just like them! I hope to God that it won't happen, but just a precaution we need to prepare for it or else we will feel even more pain."