Chapter Thirty-Three

Emerson could hardly comprehend what was happening.

    Benjamin had been keeping them busy so he could take Night Walker Pack and hurt his mate. His mate who was pregnant with his child.

   Pregnant.

   She was pregnant.

   They were going to have a baby.

   That is, unless his father did something to hurt the baby.

   No, he wouldn't let that happen. He had to go home, liberate his Pack, save his mate and child. He would save them both. He refused to accept any other outcome. He would save them both, they would be okay. He would make sure of it.

   Emerson stormed out of the tent, Sebastian following suit.

   He called his generals forward. "Gather our wolves. Benjamin has taken Night Walker Pack. He has our Luna and heir. We leave in ten."

   His generals nodded their heads and then quickly dispatched to round up their Pack. He watched for a moment, to make sure that his men were moving quickly. He turned on his heel and marched toward his tent, where he only grabbed necessary things.

   When he reemerged, he saw Sebastian and Ronan gathering their Epsilon as well. He understood why Sebastian would, that was his sister in danger, but why Ronan was helping was unknown to him.

   "You would do the same for me," was the only explanation Ronan gave him. He didn't question him further.

   It took them ten minutes to assemble, ten minutes longer than he wished. He did a quick observation, estimating how many wolves they had. He guessed about four hundred, mostly thanks to Ronan's forces.

   The other Alphas came to him, giving him a nod.

   "We wish you the best of luck. The rest of us are going to stay, fight off any Rogues sent our way. We'll tried to keep them occupied so they don't realize part of our force is missing."

   Emerson nodded in understanding. One by one, they shook their hands then walked away, most likely to prepare the battle of the century.

   He turned back to their small gathered force, waiting for him, waiting for orders.

   "Benjamin and his Rogues have taken Night Walker Pack. He began to murder children until my mate, Night Walker's Luna, gave herself up. By doing so, she has not only put herself at risk but our unborn child. The horrors awaited for her...We must stop that from happening. We are going to free the Pack, save our Luna, and stop Benjamin once and for all. He is not allowed to live. Go for the kill if you have the chance. If you find Luna Madeline, notify me immediately." Emerson looked to Ronan and Sebastian to see if they had anything to add. They said nothing. He turned his head back to the wolves gathered before him. "Let's go."

   They shed their clothes and shifted.

   The three Alphas took the lead, the others falling behind them in rank. There would be no stopping. They would run and run until they made it to the Pack. And then they would fight and fight until they had won.

   The beast was furious. The enemy had his mate an unborn pup. The enemy could and would hurt them.

   The Alpha ran faster, pushing himself harder. He would save his mate if it was the last thing he did, for if she fell, he would be nothing and no one.

   He had to run.

   He had to find her, save her.

   He had to kill the enemy, and so he would.