Wattpad Orijinal İçeriği

Original Edition: CHAPTER 11 - MYS

August 26 | Late Noon

By week two of cohabitation, an exit plan seemed to recede into the distance. "Here are the rules to sharing a living space with me." I smacked my Attack on Titan themed notebook on the marble island in the kitchenette and confronted the root of my malcontent.

Aurie rested her chin on her palms, elbows on the slab. In the background, my apartment was in shambles. Books were on the coffee table. My game console was on the floor with cords in a haphazard knot. Game discs were everywhere, and vinyl records were scattered.

"How do you clutter up a minimalist apartment, Yokai? I don't mind you wearing my clothes, but please put things in the hamper," I lectured as I picked a t-shirt from the back of the barstool and handed it to her for clean-up.

"I have a maid at home."

"Had, spoiled brat. Gah! I hate dishes in the sink!" Moving to the other side of the island, I slammed bowls on the counter in frustration.

"You should own a dishwasher," Aurie said in a bland voice behind me.

"Why do you even eat and drink? You don't need to! Sometimes I wonder if you're intentionally trying to get under my skin. Like when you leave my phone on Facebook to piss me off. Nobody uses Facebook anymore!" I turned and brandished a serving spoon for emphasis but dropped it with a frown. "Is any of this getting through to you?"

Aurie couldn't have looked less interested. Growling, I stormed past her to get ready for a client. "Yes," she said. "You don't want me here. Call Zyr and take me home."

"You know the Council runs the timetable, but we are definitely getting you out of here as soon as possible."

"When, though?"

"Oh, gods! As soon as possible, Aurie!"

"Right." She rotated the stool to face me at the closet. Her eyes glossed, and she turned back. My bitching and moaning aside, the news of the council meeting being pushed to the end of September was taking a toll on her.

At the sound of her sniffles, I bit my fist. "Please don't, Yokai." I sighed.

"I just want to go home!"

"Aurie—"

Thwack! My favorite coffee mug hit the wall and shattered. Aurie covered her mouth, giving me a horrified stare. Yes, it was her fault, but she hadn't touched it. It had flown by itself, which clearly shouldn't have been possible. I studied the broken ceramic shards as she buried her face in her arms and burst into tears.

I disposed of the mess. Then, sweeping loose tendrils of hair from her face, I flashed a soft smile at her to show I wasn't angry, and she squeezed me in a fierce hug. It wasn't easy living together, but if the flying mug was any indication, she needed my help more than ever.