got your siX II

**Andy's POV**
I sat on the edge of the truck bed. We were parked in the middle of the forest. After the incident with the cop we decided it would be best to stop for the night and figure out a plan for when we got to Baton Rouge.
I couldn't stop thinking about Ivee and how happy she looked when I kissed her, and how her eyes lit up when she looked at me, and how soft her hair was, and how adorable she looked when she was asleep.
I remembered the day I realised that I liked her as more than a friend.
We had been watching a movie at my house when she fell asleep on my shoulder. I still remember the way my heart started pounding in my ears and how all the oxygen got caught in my throat. I thought I was having a heart attack until she mumbled something in her sleep and brought me back down to reality.
"Looks like we are here through tomorrow," my dad said pulling me from my thoughts.
I nodded.

"Guess there were a lot of police on the road," He said, pulling himself up into the truck.
"You always used to talk about going camping, and here we are," I gestured to the trees around us, "the wilderness."
He laughed.
"Maybe we can go swimming in that puddle behind the bathrooms later."
"Can I ask you something?" I nodded
"Does it hurt? When you use you power?"
"Um," I thought about it for a second. "Not really. Why?"
"I was watching Marcos earlier and I saw how much it took out of him."
"It's not really like that for me. It's more like yelling."
He looked confused.
"You have to put something into it but it's not like- it's worth it when it happens."
He nodded and smiled.
"It actually feels kind of good when I rip stuff apart."
His smiled faded.
"Just forget it," I murmured.

"No Andy, sorry it's just that- what you do you know, it could hurt someone... kill someone."
"So I'm just supposed to sit around and never use my power. I'm finally good at something and you're just telling me not to do it. I just want you to be proud of me."
"All I want you to do is use good judgement."

"Reed our driver has a question about tomorrows route," Marcos said.

"Okay I just- Andy and I just need-"
"No it's fine, this is why I talk to Ivee about most things and not you, Dad," I shook my head and stood up. "I'm gonna get something to eat."

**Ivee's POV**
"Okay guy's, just remember in the real world you'll be playing for keeps which means we play for keeps in here," Lorna said and pointed to the kid next to me whose name was Skylar.
He stepped forward.
"You ready?" Lorna asked lifting a hammer with her power.
"Uh huh."

"Three, two-" she threw the hammer before she got to one and the kid shot this blue water mist looking stuff out of hidls hands and deflected it.
"Not bad," Lorna said, "Ivee your turn."

I nodded and stepped forward, she lifted a wrench and threw it at me. I stopped it about a foot away from my face and bent it in half.
"Good job."

The guy next to me turned and smiled at Lauren and I gagged sarcastically and Lauren poked her tongue at me.
"I'll go next," he said.
"Okay," Lorna said.
The boy moved his hand in a circular motion and above the tool box beside Lorna appeared what looked like water with sunflowers on it. He turned back and smiled at Lauren again.
"Ugh, just make out already," I said to Skylar who stifled a laugh.
"You think this is a joke?" Lorna crossed her arms and glared at the boy.
He frowned and dropped the illusion, turning back around. "Whatever."
"You guys don't understand. You're gonna need to depend on eachother just to survive," she yelled. "You wanna make it out there you gotta work hard in here.
Lauren you're up next."
Lauren stepped forward and prepared to form a shield when Caitlin rushed forward.

"Um what do you think you're doing? That's my daughter."
"Yeah and shes training right now."
Caitlin scoffed.
"This hits you it's gonna hurt, you might wanna step back."
"Step back, I don't recall giving you permission to hurl saw blades at my kid."
Lauren looked back at me and I shrugged sending her a sympathetic look.
"Mom," she pleaded.
"What? Do you want her to get her learners permit?" Lorna stated.
Caitlin shook her head.
"What? She's got powers. She needs to know how to use them."
"Well not like this." Caitlin turned around to Lauren, "Sorry Lauren."
"Mom, please."
"Lets go."
Lauren sighed and walked away
"You too Ivee."
"But Caitlin-"
"Now."
"Fine," I said and followed Lauren.