outfoX

*flashback*

One year earlier.

"Race you?" Andy laughed as he stood up with his skateboard.

"Like you could win," I said rolling mine back and forth in front of me.

"Lets see about that," he laughed, dropping his skateboard and skating down the path.

"Hey!" I yelled, following him, Lauren ran after us.

"Andy! Ivee!"

"I beat you," Andy said as he stopped and turned around.

"Only cause you had a head start," I pouted.

He shook his head and laughed, dropping his skateboard again and doing tricks.

He tried to do a kickflip but it didn't flip properly.

"Haha. Something I'm still better at," I laughed at him, dropping my board and doing a perfect flip.

He rolled his eyes and turned to Lauren who applauded my trick.

"Wanna try this," Andy asked Lauren as he jumped up on the board.

"No I'm not gonna do that," Lauren said.

"What do you mean?"

"I don't skateboard."

He shrugged. "Yeah you can. Back foot on the tail," he bent down and pointed. "Front foot halfway up the deck, it's fine."

Lauren looked at me.

"It's not that hard," I said, doing the jump.

"Yeah it's easy, pop and flick," Andy said jumping and kicking his leg out. "Like a karate kick, okay."

"I'm gonna fall. No," Lauren laughed.

"No you- trust me I'll be here, I'm gonna catch you."

"Promise?"

"Yeah."

Lauren looked at me and I shrugged.

She looked back to Andy and sighed, "Help me up." she stepped onto the board, holding onto Andy's shoulder's.
"Okay ready?"

Andy nodded.

Lauren jumped and the skateboard went out from under her and she fell backwards. Andy reached out and grabbed her hand as she fell.

I stopped mid skate, my jaw dropping as their hands began to glow. They both looked as shocked as I was when they pulled away. They stared at their hands trying to wrap their heads around what just happened.

"What the fu-"

"Hey! You guys alright over there?" Reed called, interrupting Ivee.

"Yeah, just messing around," Lauren said and walked towards her parents.

"Did you see that?" Andy said, turning to me.

I nodded. "That was so weird."

"Yeah," he agreed, looking down at his hand and wiggling his fingers. "Weird."

"Hey. Ivee, Lauren," Andy said. "You guys awake."

"Always with your snoring," I groaned, sitting up in my bed.