Remember the Past's Demons 7

The sound that Richard made was a mix of a groan and a moan of sex to Jac's ears, making him stare at his partner. The slightly smaller male just shut off his laptop and closed the lid once it went dark. "So I take it we're stuck together?" Richard asked teasingly. He could admit that the man beside him was handsome in a classical way, showing his mixed heritage in all the right ways.

But he really wasn't caring at the moment. He had just been assigned Jac as his work partner for a midterm project.

"Indeed. I hope that you don't mind, but can we not do this at my apartment? I fear that my neighbors can be quite...loud in their escapades. And like to smoke," Jac requested. Raising an eyebrow, Richard shrugged as he tucked his computer away.

"That's not an issue with me. The house that I share with my friend is just about doing being redone. As long as you don't mind the lingering scent of paint and cleaners," Richard said.

"I do not mind such smells. It will be easy to open a window. If you are willing to give your address, I can meet you there after my class," Jac drawled. Richard eyed him before shrugging, figuring that would work for him. He opened his work binder, found a fresh page, and wrote his address down.

"See you in a few hours," Richard said as he gathered the last of his stuff up, heading out of the classroom with one last wave over his shoulder. Jac pulled out his phone as he gathered the last of his things and sent a message out to Markus. He promised the man that he would have information in the next week at the very latest.

Shoving the last of his things into his bags, he headed to his next class while Richard headed to the library. He was quick to find the books that he figured would be best for the project that they had been told to research. With them checked out, Richard headed to his car and drove to the store, stopping to shop for things for the house and to make sure he could actually offer more things than just soda to Jac.

As he stood in the drink aisle, he sent a message to Leon and Garrett, the man still working on the small things on the bottom floor before moving to the basement. He would then finish the second floor and then afterwards, the basement.

Once he had gotten home, Leon helped him haul the bags into the house and put things away. Jac arrived just as he had finished putting away the new twelve-packs of soda in the fridge, Leon having already made lemonade and juice. Opening the door, he waved Garrett off to do what he needed to do with a smile. "Hey, great timing," he said. Jac tilted his head as he smiled.

"I took a moment so that I can stop by my house, grab some of the snack items that I have there. Take the chance to really clear out my refrigerator," Jac drawled. He held up a couple of bags of food. There were a couple of hamburger chubs in them.

"Oh, great. I can make tacos. I got everything for that but the burger," Richard said, getting a smile smile. "Or I can make some nachos. I make killer nachos." He took the bags and lead the way into the kitchen, Jac closing the door behind him. He walked into the kitchen behind Richard, watching the way he moved around as he dug around to find the chips, tortillas, plates, and a few other things, laying them out neatly out of the way. He turned to the bags and unpacked them, muttering about what he could do.

Jac had to admit that neither Richard nor Leon were hard on the eyes as they worked around each other. He wouldn't mind getting either man into bed.

"Okay, so we were assigned the first families of the city, right?" Richard asked as he put the hamburger away in the refrigerator. He checked his watch and wrinkled his nose. "Just after one. You want some lunch?" he asked, holding up the deli meat that Jac had brought along with the deli cheese.

Jac hummed. Nodding he smiled. "I went to the other library, called ahead to the librarian assistants to see if they could pull some more books from the shelves while I was in class. Art. Not a whole lot to do beyond stare at a naked woman and sketch things," he drawled. He placed the overly full reusable grocery bags onto the bar. He looked around the now open style kitchen and dining room combination. He whistled softly. "There has been a lot of work done yes? If I remember the listing for it, this place was dated."