Chapter 88

Continued....

'Now the bride and the groom will stand for the pheras....' the priest announced

Ved gets up from the seat, and then forwards his hand to Deepika for helping her to stand, she smiles at him and holds his hands, Vansh looked at this and smiled

Deepika and Ved stood next to each other, staring at each other lovingly, forgetting about everyone else around, they smiled holding each other's hands and intertwining their fingers together, finally Deepika was marrying her dream man and Ved got his ideal partner he always missed in his life, there was nothing else they could ask for....

Some love stories are not that complicated, isn't it...!

Aayan coughed intentionally to break their reverie and they see everyone staring at them with amused or playful expressions....

They look away embaressed and then priest asks Ved to come forward, as Deepika turns facing Ved's back, her eyes land on Vansh who was staring at the couple admiringly..

She smiles at him and he reciprocates, happy tears filling his eyes, Ved follows Vansh's gaze and sees Deepika smiling at him, she mouths a 'Thank you' to him and Ved smiles at him too, muttering a quick 'thank you' to him as well, Vansh quickly wipes his tears and raises both his hands to dramatically bless the couple and they chuckle...

Arjun who sees this from a distance, smiles proudly at Vansh, understanding his situation, he feels bad for him...
The priest starts chanting the mantra and Ved - Deepika start taking circles around the holy fire, holding each other's hands...

Aayan - Ananya smiled at this, but then Ananya's smile faded soon as she remembered her wedding day, when she was preparing herself to tackle Aayan, and was not happy at all, Aayan who turned to Ananya to say something, observes her sad expression and understands what was going on in her mind, he too gets serious, both of them stare each other, more like complain each ofher through their eyes and then look away, with Ananya wiping her tears....

This was observed by Naina, who sensed some issue between them...

'She is very pretty sir, no wonder you fell for her...' Khushi whispers to Vansh and he chuckles

'It's nothing like that, I didn't fall in love with her or something, I just had a minor crush on her, it's long gone now....' Vansh said looking at the couple

'Well, your eyes speak a different story altogether....' Khushi smiled and Vansh looked at her confused and Khushi turns to face him

'You don't how to lie sir, had you tried to lie in front of Deepika, saying that you don't like her, even she would've understood that you are lying...' she said and Vansh looked away, and Now Deepika was in the front during the pheras..

'My brother must get all the happiness he deserves...' Vansh muttered not looking at Khushi...

'Selfless heart always suffers....' Khushi sighed and Vansh didn't say anything

The pheras were complete now, and both of them were seated on their respective seats, folding hands in front of the holy fire...

'You know sir, I am glad that you didn't say anything to her...' Khushi said smiling as Ved tied Mangalsutra around Deepika's neck

Vansh looked at her shocked, but she didn't look at him, continued seeing the rituals, now Ved filled the partition of Deepika's hair with vermillion and everyone around them clapped, breaking Vansh's reverie, he too composed his expressions and clapped

Did she just flirt with me....? Wow...! He thought

Ananya who was lost in the painful memories of her own wedding, clapped too.... seeing her best friend living her dream, she was unaware that her mother was watching her and Aayan intently from a distance...