Forty eight

Valerie P.O.V.

Ellana, Sommer, Alexys and I, were all gathered at Jess' so we could get ready together for Alec's listening party. It was to be held at his house, as per usual. I had missed being part of a girl gang so much, having fun doing each other's hair and makeup, and parading around in potential outfits.

We all gathered in Ellana's car so she could drive us over to Kean and Alec's. A sense of de ja vu hit me as we strolled through the familiar front doors. Almost four months ago, I was this scared girl, lonely and afraid of the world, but now, I was surrounded by amazing people chasing their dreams.

The place was filled with all sorts of people. I'm guessing managers, PR, music producers etc. as well as friends, family and social media influencers.

A warm arm snuck around my waist and pulled me away from the girls around a corner.

"Hey," Carter grinned as he leaned against the wall, with an arm resting above my head.

"Hi handsome," I smiled, tip toeing to give him a kiss on the lips.

"Mm, let's skip the party," he murmured, placing kisses along my neck. "I haven't seen you for the past two days."

"No we can't do that," I giggled, softly pushing him away before I lose all my senses. "We have to support Alec, and I want to hear his songs. Plus, this is kinda for you too."

"Yeah I know, of course, but I've already heard some of them," he pouted, giving me his best puppy dog face.

"I'll stay at yours tonight, okay?" I promised, brushing away his hair from his eyes. I had my surprise ready for him then.

"Okay," he smirked, happy with the compromise.

We strolled out hand in hand and took a seat on the lounge to join the party.

"Alrighttttt everybody! Who's ready for A.S unfiltered???" Alec spoke excitedly through a microphone, standing upon the mini podium with a grin.

A loud chorus of cheers erupted as they prepared to play the album. Alec hopped off the podium as he waltzed around the room to say hello to everyone. I bopped my head to the sultry beat of the music and his velvety voice.

"Congrats Alec!" Jess gave him a hug as he came over to where we were seated.

"Thanks Jess," he grinned, before making his way round to accept each of our praises.

"Congratulations! The songs are amazing." I hugged him proudly.

"Thankyou! Glad you like them," he smiled.

Carter slapped hands with him in greeting and gave him a pat on the back. "Good job bro! You're finally done!"

"Yeah haha, I hope it does alright," he chuckled as he sat down.

"It will, it will. Don't worry about it!"

We listened, danced along and enjoyed ourselves as the last few notes of the final song drifted off. A round of applause rang out as the album came to an end, and the DJ came back on to play some dance music.

"Thankyou everyone for making it out tonight. I hope you enjoyed it! I'd also like to shoutout to one of my best friends, Carter," Alec pointed over to where Carter was sitting with a grin, "who's launching his merch brand tomorrow on Bryson.com, which is what we are also celebrating tonight. So, check that out ya'll! Have a good night!" he raised his glass in a cheers motion.

"Woooo!" We clinked our drinks together.

"Alec, the party's going great, I'm hearing tons of fantastic feedback on the music," a man in a business suit came to shake Alec's hand.