Wattpad Original
There are 6 more free parts

2.

{S}

***************

It was dark when I woke up. I had yet another moment of confusion. Was I back in the Rebellion? No. No, Mikhail and Keelan had escorted me back. Back into the clutches of Dr. Blue.

I wasn't even able to feel happy upon seeing Robyn. Another surprising thing was that I'd actually missed her. She has been nice to me, most of the time anyway.

I had to look. I had to look at myself. I wanted to know what Dr. Blue did to me this time. My eyes didn't even need to adjust to the dark to find out where I was. I already knew this was my room, my cell. It smelt like me. The thin sheets under me were familiar to the touch.

The moment I sat up, a strong wave of nausea washed over me. I groaned loudly, clutching my stomach till it subsided before slowly standing up. My legs shook a bit under me, but didn't give way as I stumbled over to the mirror. My eyes glowed bright green in the mirror as I looked over myself. In the dark, my skin was washed out in my vision. I looked greyish. My wings were blots of black in the already dark room.

Stepping away so I could see my entire body in the small mirror, I tugged my clothes off. The bandages on my wrists practically glowed white, spotted here and there with blood, it smelt of strong antibiotic. My cuffs had been taken off. My body seemed untouched. There were no more cuts or scars. Maybe I'd be able to see more clearly once the lights we-

The lights above flickered, turning on with their full force. I blinked a few times, adjusting to my now bright surroundings. I was wrong, my body hadn't been left alone. There were some needle marks on the inside of my elbow, they'd drawn blood. The wound on my upper arm had been rebandaged too. The cut I'd made on my collar bone almost completely healed over. Yet another scar. There were also some new cuts on my body. Small cuts, almost completely healed over already. Three on my back, two on my front. Two scars on my lower back, one under my right shoulder blade, one on my lower abdomen, and one on the upper right side of my stomach.

Disgust crawled through me. Disgust at myself and Dr. Blue. My wings settled over my shoulders, covering up my front as I continued to stare at myself in the mirror till I couldn't anymore. Storming into the shower cubicle, I turned the water on, setting it to the coldest it could go and staying in there till I was shivering. Hot water hurt the sensitive areas on my back, I tended to avoid it.

I dried off and changed quickly, feeling the cold a bit too much outside of the cubicle. About an hour passed before a guard finally arrived. He took me to an interrogation room very similar to the first one I'd been in. I sat down on the seat meant for me, waiting for the shackles to be brought in but they just left me like that.

In another few minutes, the door opened again. Robyn, Malcolm, Dr. Gonzalez. I stood up as I spotted Robyn, giving her a salute before she could glare at me.

"At ease." She nodded, looking me over with hidden concern. "How are you feeling?"

"Confused." I replied, still standing. Holding up my hands, I continued. "What is this? Why are there new cuts on my body? How long was I out and what did that son of a bitch do to me this time?"

Robyn glanced at Malcolm. He cleared his throat. "Those bandages are for the burns you suffered when you were stunned. They will heal given time, but there will be scars."

"Thanks." I replied sarcastically. "As if I didn't have enough of those already."

"Your consent was required to opt for skin grafts, but you were under sedation."

"Oh, now you need consent? Those cuts on my body can't just have appeared out of thin air. Who consented to that? I certainly don't remember saying yes." I crossed my arms across my chest, my scathing words clearly getting through. "How long was I out this time? Two days? Three days? Another goddamn week?"