Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

Kelly was a pain the next day.

Actually, she was always a pain- she was just more of a pain and Rudy was ready to slit her throat with paper a it was the only near enough weapon near, if he had to.

Miles had told her that morning as they all got in, that he had been to Rudy's and before he could even get to the embarrassing things Rudy just knew Miles was ready to tell, Kelly broke out with whining and complaints about how she had never been to Rudy's house.

And it never stopped for the rest of the day.

"It's your fault, y'know," Rudy said to Miles as Kelly glared at them while stacking books, making sure to slam them in. "You shouldn't have mentioned it."

Miles sighed but gave a side smile while leaning away from the counter so his dark hair moved over his face and exposed those eyes."Curse my surpising nature to brag."

Rudy snorted, it was hardly something to brag about. Rudy kept thinking about his rundown flat and how it must have looked to Miles, even if he hadn't said anything. Rudy had never been embarrased about his situation, he still wasn't but it was still hard to think of someone knowing just how Rudy was living out from the store was strange.

But it was Miles.

Rosie was outside her room again that night when Rudy returned to the flat after seeing Miles off with Legolas wating for him a good distance away from the 24-year-old, agnst-filled, fluffy pink sock wearing girl who was glaring at the TV, wathcing as Bella finally said out loud what exactly Edward was. Like it was in anyway surprising.

When he came in Legolas yipped a little and bounded over, wiggling around at his feet as Rosie looked up and smiled widely, wiggling her pink covered feet. "So, Miles."

"Shut up." Rudy replied, crashing down on the sofa next to her and moving his arm so Legolas could jump and follow.

She snickered quietly, watching the movie a little longer before she leaned back and put her head on Rudy's shoulder.

"I like him, he's nice," she said.

"Yeah, he is." Rudy smiled and Rosie elbowed him playfully. Rudy smirked as he looked at her," Legolas also likes him, don't you bud?"

Legolas whined happily as Rudy scratched his ears and Rosie looked at the furball in disdain and called it stupid and turned to the TV again, sulking but not moving her head from his shoulder, but rather snuggling in closer and not saying anything furthur. Even so, Rudy knew that wasn't the only mention of Miles from her he was going to hear from now on.

He felt the bulk in his jacket pocket and a soft crinkle of paper which felt to loud to his ears, and of course, Legolas' as he perked up a little before putting his head back down on the side of Rudy';s thigh when there was nothing of intrest.

He didn't ask about the letters, not right now. He made the decision to take out money from his savings and force Rosie to take it later on.

Kelly finally came stomping over, distracting Rudy enough out of his thoughts, after giving Mark a full blown rant on Rudy (which Rudy was so obviously meant to hear, along with everyone in the shop, judging by her volume), her face in a scowl so sharp Rudy actually backed away a little.

"Because you so obviously don't value my friendship enough, you are buying rounds tonight," she said as she approached.

Rudy gave her an eyebrow which spoke: "no way in hell."

"Almost a year you've been here Rudy." she reminded him, as if it meant something." A year that I have so kindly called you a friend. You owe me."

"Fine." Rudy grumbled, more to just get her to shut up before she went all dramatic- well, more dramatic than she was usually.