Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

Rudy eventually got home, passing Legolas without a glance and slowly sank onto the couch and stared blankly at the wall.

He couldn't compute what had just happened that night. Maybe it was the alcohol, his brain still was still humming and buzzing, maybe it was all in his head, maybe- No. It was real. It had happened- or not happened.

A happening.

Rudy gave out a little cry, startling Legolas so he whined at his master. Their was a click of a door and the shuffle of feet against the gray carpet that filled the small flat.

"Rudy? Is that you?" A sleepy voice called before Rosie appeared at the living room door, her hair sticking up in a bun, rabbit slippers on her feet and a long, pink nightgown that hung off her.

Rudy was still sitting. Not looking at her.

"Rudy? Is everything okay?" Her voice was worried, concerned and the further shuffle of feet continue until a shadow came over him and then it wasn't as she say beside him, taking his arm and shaking it. "Rudy?"

"He almost kissed me." He said. Out loud was scary. It was as if he had made it real, that it had happened and he couldn't ignore it any longer.

"Almost?"

Rudy didn't say anything.

Rosie made a guttering sound at the back of her throat, obviously in disaproval.

"Idiots. Both of you."

She left Rudy then, going back to her room muttering. For once Legolas even followed her until he turned towards the kitchen where his basket was, also ignoring Rudy. Rudy swore that Legolas was agreeing with Rosie and he cursed the both of them.

Not until later, a few hours of staring at the wall playing the scene over and over again, smelling Miles all over him, soap and fabric softner, did Rudy notice his left hand pulling at his jacket and his right tracing his lips to where Miles' should have been.

A/N: super short chapter to compliment my height