A Life Unlike Any Other

Our class of 30 was a tad stranger then the classes that took place in the 2000's that the boys get to read about during the school day. Girls, back then, got to learn the same things boys did in school, and didn't willingly cater to their needs throughout the day. The classes were mixed, and girls were taught health and allowed to understand and learn about their changing bodies. The boys now, instead, take detailed courses on both our bodies and what the two of them can do together. We girls do not know of any of this.

Sitting in the back of the classroom while the boys learn, we knit , clean, and organize their things, quite content with these menial tasks, not knowing what our minds are capable of.

My name is Madeline, and i am one of these girls. Not even i know of our potential, or that girls were ever allowed to learn, or disobey boys by any means. We simply await the day when "everything changes" and we are sent to live with one of the boys from our class, except we do not know what will happen there, although the boys are well aware. I'm not allowed to know what making love is, all the teachers say is that its something reserved for the boy you are sent home with, and you must not deny making love to him, although it will hurt you a great deal. Im awfully afraid, slinking down into my modest clothing, when the topic enters my mind, and i vow to myself, that i will not deny Anything to a man, no matter how much it pains me. Day by day, i find myself knowing that i , madeline, may not be able to keep this vow.

The day when everything changes is growing nearer, and none of us girls can fathom what to expect.