Chapter 6

Peter sat on his bed, trying to sort through what he should do if May questions his hair or eyes.

But then there's Ned and MJ.... he had no idea what to do about them...

He could just wear sunglasses and hats everyday?

No, that's suspicious.

Peter took a deep breath and went to go eat breakfast.

He had his hat on still, and avoided eye contact with May.

"Hi honey! I'm just finishing up the bacon! Today's a whole fancy breakfast, yum!"

"It looks great May. Thanks."

"Of course sweetie. I just hope I didn't burn anything this time."

Peter smiles and sits down.

Maya phone rings and she answers after she wipes her hand with a nearby paper towel.

"Linda?....It's my only day off this week... early? But what about-.... oh.... yeah of course..."

Peter knew what this meant. May had been called back into work. It happens a lot, they needed the money anyway.

May put her hand on her forehead.
"Oh Peter I am so sorry, Linda called and said that Jerry is sick and I know it's the only time I get off-"

"It's ok May! Go! I'll be all good."

"I'll make it up to you I swear!" May took the bacon out of the pan and put it on a plate.
"Eat all you want, I'll be back later ok?"

May went over and kissed Peters cheek.

"Your eyes look a little red, maybe you should get some more sleep." May says.

"Oh. Yeah. After I eat I will." Peter says.
She didn't have her contacts in yet. Thank god. She must be wearing her glasses today.

"And if you can, put leftovers in the fridge!" May says, gathering her things.

She slips on her shoes, and glasses, and grabs her bag.

"Love you!"

"Love you too, May."

Peter eats an egg with a little bacon, and a few blueberries, and puts everything away when he's done.

He collapsed on his bed again, and scrolls through Instagram.

He realizes that he should probably check his messages...

He regrettably opens the app.

8 from Ned

Neddy boi: dude why'd you leave so fast

Neddy boi: I'm worried about you

Neddy boi: are you ok?

Neddy boi: what even happened?

Neddy boi: I'm so confused

Neddy boi: please text back

Neddy boi: whats this I'm seeing about Spider-Man waving away a bullet? There's no pictures so is it just a rumor?

Neddy boi: Peter?

Neddy boi: ???

And 2 from MJ.

MJ =P : weirdo.

MJ =P : you're quite worrying, you know.

He makes a group chat with the 2 of them.

Peter: sorry guys, I'm all good now.