||17|| Enough

It took three days.

Three long anxiety filled days, but the news had come.... Summer had lived.

Vida had gone up to the hospital immediately after she got the news, but when she walked into the room and laid eyes on the woman, she knew something was up.

Her hair was silver instead of the dark brown Vida had seen just days before and her eyes we unlimited a vibrant red.

"Hi LaVida." The young woman said as she eyed Vida up and down. Vida watched as the woman looked to Wyatt and back to Vida. Wyatt had a smile on his face that mimicked how a man would look at his wife for the first time.

"Hi Summer." Vida said back with a small smile. She walked over to the woman with a single rose and handed it to her. "So happy to see you alive." More than happy.

Summers heaving chest was a reminder that Vida would get the eternity she wanted with Lennox. And then her senses kicked in and her eyes flickered down to Summers chest. It wasn't moving and then she looked back at her eyes. The glisten a deep grey and her skin although caramel was extremely pale complexed.

"You've been changed?" Vida whispered but she knew Summer could hear.

"Yes, I have and it's thanks to your dick of a husband." Summer said playfully before giving Vida a genuine smile. "But no worries, I'll let him live." She said as she winked at Vida. Wyatt took this moment to chime in and what he said made Vida's stomach turn.

"She's alive but I can't say that I won't try to rip out Lennox's throat the next time I see him."

"Chill out Winter, no need to get all macho vampire on me." Summer said with a roll of her eyes.

"Winter?"

"Don't ask." Wyatt snapped and Summer gave him a look that said "really".

"Don't mind this asshole. He just got his ass bitched out for like twelve hours after I woke up. I mean who changes someone without there consent?"

I know someone.

"You were going to die Summer, I couldn't let that happen. I can't live without you."

"Woah hold on. You're taking me too fast." Summer said as she sat up. Vida suddenly felt uncomfortable and something told her that Wyatt hadn't told her everything she needed to know.

"You can stack your claim on me just because you ate my pussy."

Oh, dear gods. Vida thought as her face flushed a vibrant red. Summer looked and giggled when she saw Vida staring down at the floor.

"My bad. I have a potty mouth." She said sheepishly before looking back at Wyatt. "As for you, I'm sure you can live without me. You did for the last two hundred years."

"But I have waited my whole fucking life for you Summer! Why can't you understand that! I have chosen you and you won't even have me!" Wyatt yelled before standing up and storming out of the room. Vida moved before her could brush her shoulder, and then she looked up to Summer who had a stunned expression on her face.

"I-I don't get what's going on." She said as she looked down at her hands. Vida watched Summer and her inner turmoil for a moment longer before she spoke.

"He's your mate." Vida said as she sat on the bed next to Summer's feet. "You're his eternal partner. He has loved you before he had ever met you. It's hardwired into his Vampire side. He can't help it, so when he says he loves you, despite how soon or unrealistic it may feel. He means it."

The room was silence as Summer looked up in shock.

"Love?" She questions and Vida chuckled when she saw her face morph into an uncomfortable position.