New People

When Winter woke the next morning, it was quiet. Meaning Sam and Emily were still gone. Groaning, the Uley girl reached over for her phone to check the time. 10:27 a.m.
       That being said, she had about 30 minutes until they came back with company. Which is why she decided to start making breakfast. After Winter untangled herself from the sheets, she put on slippers and walked downstairs. Didn't even bother putting pants on since it was nice in the house. So she stayed in the comfort of her spaghetti strap.
       Eventually deciding on pancakes, she grabbed her headphones and blasted the music in her ears so she can't be distracted. Getting the ingredients out was a small challenge because she had no idea where Emily puts stuff. Winter found everything soon enough though.
      "I'm sorry honey but I passed it up now look this way! Well there's a million other girls who do it just like you looking as innocent as possible to get to who!" Winter sang out dancing around the kitchen as she finished up the last pancakes.
        She moved the plate full of banana pancakes to table and pulled out her headphones to eat, checking the time in the process. 11:06 a.m. Sam and Emily we supposed to be home at 11:00 a.m.
       Slowly, Winter turned around and met 9 people standing in the doorway. There were 7 guys and 2 girls including Sam and Emily. All of the boys were shirtless. Proof that they weren't kidding. Each of the guys, however, were over six feet tall except for one who was about 5'8. They were all super muscular and had the russet colored skin of Quileutes along with brown eyes, short hair, and a tribal tattoo. Winter couldn't help but think they all looked good. Minus Sam of course, seeing how he's her brother. As she made contact with the second biggest guy—Sam being the first—he froze up completely. Which Winter found completely weird she did feel slightly connected to him. How odd.
       "So you guys must be Sam's friends. Nice to meet you, I'm Winter. His little sister." She offered a smile.
        Out of everyone standing there, only two moved at her introduction. It was her two best friends, who had changed so much Winter didn't even recognize them. Both of them shouted her name before talking her in a hug. She instantly started laughing and hugged them back, their actions familiar and reminded her who they were.
Soon enough the boys got off her and Paul was the one to offer a hand and help her up. Winter smiled and locked eyes with him. Paul froze leaving the girl confused once more. She was even more confused when he pulled her into a tight hug. Winter gladly accepted his hug however.
After several moments Sam cleared his throat, anger slightly visible on his features. They pulled apart and Jared went in for his second hug. He missed her more than anything. So he wrapped his arms around her tight, stuck his head in the crook of her neck, and breathed in deeply. Winter Uley was home.
When those two let go of one another, the others were introduced by Sam. "Winter, this is Jacob Black, Embry Call, Quill Ateara the fifth, and Seth and Leah Clearwater."
       A chorus of "hi's" was let out. Winter nodded, smiled, and returned to her pancakes. Determined to eat them while they're warm. She took the first bite and moaned at how good they tasted. The girl really love pancakes.
       "I absolutely love banana pancakes. Emily come try one!"
       "What about me!" Sam whines along with his friends.
      Winter shook her head vigorously. "Uh uh! No! You had almost five serving last night and I only made enough for me and Emily!"
       They pouted. She glanced over to Paul who was staring at her intently. "Is there something on my face?" She asked him.
       He shook his head slightly. "No, you're just very pretty."
       Winter blushed. "Thank you. You're not to bad yourself, Lahote."
       Paul smirked before moving to the living room with everyone else. "Winter these pancakes taste amazing!" Emily called from the kitchen.
       The girl giggled and went back to her. "Thank you!"
       Deciding she should get to know Sam's friends Winter took her plate to the living room. "So, umm, are you gonna put pants on?" Seth asked.
       "No, you guys are shirtless so me being pantless shouldn't be a problem." She said firmly before taking another bite.
       "Well alright then."
Winter had sat next to Paul, offering him a small bite. He gladly accepted and took the piece of food. After a few seconds he swallowed and his eyes were wide.
       "Damn, Winter! Those pancakes tasted awesome!" He praised.
       She smirked and took another bite. "I know."
       The pancakes were quickly finished and the dishes were washed when she returned to the living room. Taking a seat next to Paul once more; except her legs were across his lap this time. She stretched and noticed everyone staring at me.
       "What?" No response. "Look if you have any questions feel free to ask them but don't stare. That's rude."
       "You're hair is really cool but... is it dyed?" Seth asked eagerly but cautiously.
      Winter twirled a strand of hair between her fingers. "No. I was born with white hair and I got black roots as I got older. Not sure why and before you ask I got the green eyes from my mom."
       "That's interesting."
       "Mhmm!"
       Quil asked the next question: "Do you play sports or something? You got some muscle so I'm curious."
       "Played softball and soccer at my old school. Varsity. We had to stay in shape all the time."
        He smirked. "Did a good job there. You have a nice body."
       Winter rolled her eyes and chucked a pillow at his face which he so unfairly caught in her opinion. Sam and Paul, however, were basically growling at him. Paul was literally shaking.
       "Watch it, Ateara." Sam warned.
Quil laughed and held his hands up in surrender. The sister turned to Paul who was still glaring at him. She placed her hand on his cheek and forced him to look at her.
"Calm down. It was a joke—not a big deal. It's ok." Her voice was soft and gentle.
His angry expression relaxed and he nodded. Everyone was staring at the girl in awe, for she was the only person who'd ever been able to calm the hot head down. Even if she didn't know it yet herself. But after that the conversation continued as normal. They asked her about school, her age, her interest, if she was seeing anyone. That question made her laugh.
"Please. No one has ever been interested in me and even if they were it was to get in my pants so no. I'm the queen of single Pringle's; rocking it since 1988!" The girl cheered.
Sam and Emily laugh quietly with her while Jared and Jake bark out laughter. Quil gives her a weird look, Seth is grinning, Embry is shaking his head and Leah has a ghost of a smile on her face. Paul is smirking at the girl like he knows something she doesn't. Which he does.
       "But enough about me wh—"
       Someone knocked on the door. Winter went to go answer it but Paul pulled her back down so Sam went instead with Jacob. He placed her on his lap and wrapped his arms around her protectively while glaring at the door. Not particularly found of the guest at the door who finds nothing but trouble.
       "Bella!" Jacob's enthusiasm at the girls sudden appearance was not so subtle.
       A few seconds later both boys returned with a pale girl standing slightly behind Jake. She had reddish-brown hair with dull brown eyes and hid in baggy clothes. Once she laid her eyes on Winter and took in her appearance, she seemed to get upset.
       "Who's she?" Bella asked in an agitated tone.
       "Winter Uley, Sam's little sister. Pleasure to mee
you." Though Winter greeted her, she didn't move. One reason is because her instincts told her not to trust Bella and the second being Paul wouldn't let her. His grip tightened ever so slightly on the girl. His fingers just barely digging into her side, though she didn't mind.
       She nodded before turning to Jacob. "I was looking for you. Billy said you would be here."
       He nodded, "What do want?"
       She shifted uncomfortably. "Could we talk somewhere more... private?"
       Jacob turned to Sam as if asking for approval before turning and leaving with Bella. "Who was that?"
       "Bella Swan. Magnet for trouble and she just loves to lead Jake on. I hate her." Leah sneered.
       Paul snorted. "You're not the only one."
       "She's that bad?"
       "She continuously hurts Jake, she's that bad and she likes to put herself in dangerous situations."
       Bella Swan wasn't a liked person in the group.
       Now that Winter was actually sitting in Paul's lap she could feel how hot he is. His body was burning to the touch. So Winter turned around and felt his forehead. She was concerned for the boy.
      "You ok? You feel really hot." She asked him, worry lacing her voice.
      He smiled at her gently. "Yea, I just run at high temperatures but it's nothing to worry about. I promise."
       She eyed him warily. "Alright... but I'm holding you to that promise mister!"
       Paul laughed. Winter loved his laugh. 
       "How about a movie then?" Embry asked.
       "Yes!" Seth exclaimed, pumping his fist in the air.
       Quil put on an action movie while Emily and Winter grabbed the snacks. They returned with enough to feed and entire football team and maybe more. Once everything was set down, Emily curled up against Sam and Winter returned to Paul with her legs on him. She looked around the room and smiled. This was nice for the girl from a broken family. Though they're all new people to her; she already feels like apart of their family.
*******************************************Whoo hoo! Chapter 2 is done! Anyway I really liked writing this chapter and I hope y'all enjoy readying it. Please let me know what you guys think in the comments and don't forget to vote and follow for more stories!
Love y'all!
🌙Lunagirl🌙