XII

CHAPTER 12

"Would you like to test the wine sir?" The fair skinned waiter said politely, tilting the bottles front at him.

Minho nodded awkwardly, grateful when the waiter said nothing more and poured him a little wine.

Restaurants like these ones were definitely not his style. The chandeliers, velvet seats and horribly small portions of food were something he only had to endure at weddings or dates.

And given how the last date he went on was over a year ago, this one was definitely the more nerve racking. Never had Minho genuinely felt so terrified for a date.

It was silly, Jisung liked him, he liked Jisung, so what was the problem here?

Was it because Jisung was quite frankly the nicest person to ever have the misfortune of meeting Minho, or that under all the sass and skin care- Minho was actually a boring university student trampled by debts?

He continued to drown in his self pity as he sampled the wine, and the waiter shifted unsurely when Minho continued to drink from the glass eventhough there was no more wine in it, because he was too busy procrastinating to notice.

Thankfully, Jisung chose this exact moment to walk into the fancy Italian restaurant, a smooth black tie over a navy blue shirt. His hair was slicked back but a few strands fell across his forehead and- was that a gold collar tip?!

Minho all but choked on the empty glass, flung his arms into the air and slapped the waiter across the face in the process, who let out a distressed yelp in surprise and stepped on Minhos toe by accident in the frenzy.

Jisung walked in uncomfortably, not entirely sure where to go, but smiled widely when he found a bright red Minho profusely apologising to the waiter after being startled, consequently knocking over the basket of bread sticks.

It only took 7 minutes for the waiter, who's name they had learnt was Jinyoung, to politely suggest they have dinner at the kebab shop across the street instead- to which Jisung and Minho agreed happily and pyaed for the tested wine (and left the tired waiter a very gracious tip).

The next hour (or 3) of their date or so was spent in the casual kebab shop, their shirt and tie attire looking extremely out a place as they sat beside a group of teenagers out from school.

But perhaps it was the best date Jisung had ever been to.

Talking to Minho was so natural, and they began to banter and joke around also immediately. They talked about almost everything under the sun and Jisung had to pause and remind himself that this was only their first date. It seemed as though by the end of the evening at went on for far longer than planned, the pair had felt as though they do this all the time.

This revelation is how Minho walked home with a bashful smile, another date scheduled in a few days and left cheek tingling from were Jisung had kissed him goodbye.

2019 04 MAY'