XIII

CHAPTER 13

"Sup cutie, don't you look gorgeous today?" A familiar voice said with a teasing tone behind him, and Minho could only sigh- a faint smile on his face.

He turned to face his customer, a fake look of frustration on his face, "The usual, sir?"

Jisung's grin widened, sunshine practically emitting from him, "Actually I was wondering if I could get you instead?"

"Me?" Minho asked, hoping his happiness wasn't obvious, "And why would I give you that?"

"Well, I know for a fact your shift is ending in half an hour, and I leave the studio is 20. Not to mention I could really go for some chicken wings right now."

Ah, of course. Only Han Jisung would suggest their 4th date to be at the local chicken shop. And Jeongin said romance was dead, when it was clear that Minho and Jisung were the epitome of gen z dating.

Thankfully the cafe was almost empty, the only liveliness being a group of teenagers revising in the corner, so when Jisung leaned over the counter, there was nothing stopping Minho from leaning down to meet him.

Other than the fact that he could practically feel Felix laughing at them and live streaming the entire situation from the break room.

So instead, he turned his back to Jisung, grabbing a small espresso shot glass. "Well, If you're lucky, you might catch me before I leave, sweetheart."

The giggle that the man let out was completely worth the blush that spread across Minho's face in embarrassment. He didn't answer though, but he didn't have to, as when Minho turned back to give him his order, Jisung was still gazing at him with a small grin.

It was when he belatedly reached into his (ripped and skinny) jeans pocket for his wallet, did Minho push the drink and a napkin forward, the slightest hesitation in his movements.

"It's already been paid for."

Jisung raised an eyebrow at him, only for realisation to dawn on his face, "Ah- perhaps it's that absolutely adorable barista who has the cutest pout in the world. Do you think I could score a date with him?"

Minho lightly flicked him in the forehead, "I think he'll meet you at your studio in half an hour."

"Well, tell him I'm looking forward to it." The other winked, "I would tell him to dress pretty, but he already is."

And with that Jisung downed the espresso shot (at quite an alarming speed, but Minho had seen it far too often to be concerned anymore) and swiftly walked out of the cafe, a spring in his step.

Minho watched him leave with a soft expression, before abruptly throwing his dirty dish cloth in the general direction of a cackling Felix's face.

2019 31 MAY'