Chapter 5

Ben woke up to a text from Brianna, he didn't know what to feel. He wasn't hurt and he didn't feel hurt, just...Betrayed. "Ben, honestly what the heck?" Ben didn't know what it meant but he had a pretty good guess. The next few days she wouldn't text him and he knew she hated him. He was very confused as to what he did but it still bothered him that he made her upset. "Hey! Brianna! Hey I need to talk to you!" he tried to get her attention from the other side of the hallway. He knew she heard him but she just kept waking away from him, that was the moment he realized whatever he did, it made her hate him. The next day he saw Brianna and didn't even give her a second look. And as the final bell of school rang after the hard day he had the feeling something bad was gonna happen again. He kiddy felt like there would be sadness sacrifice, and the truth. He didn't know why. And the next day his doorbell rang at midnight, Ben made the terrible decision of answering the door to a mysterious man in a fedora. I couldn't quite see his face. But he said "Hello I'm taking a survey around. The neighborhood, can I ask you a question please?" The man sounded like he was sincere. "Yeah sure just make it fast please." Ben answered in a tired voice. "Okay, if you were to see someone with a gun aimed to them would you sacrifice your life for theirs?" Ben knew that this man wasn't normal. He thought and his answer was just "Anyone with a gun to their head by someone else deserves to live their lives depending on who it is. I would do it for anyone who is worthy." "Thank you, you will prosper in heaven my boy!" The man said as he limped off. Ben didn't realize that would matter the next day at school.